Audi A3 8PA Central locking fault

Marinovvv

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here, hi to all,
So bought an a3 8pa few weeks ago and now I have run into an annoying problem that is quite common.
The central locking is playing up… front left door doesn’t open or unlock even with pressing the key or using the fob. I close it with the child lock.
The rear right and driver’s door won’t unlock with the press of the key but they close when I press it.
The rear left door is the only one that seems to be working.
I took it to an technician and they were as puzzled as me.
Has anyone else experienced this? And if yes, how did you fixed it?

Thanks,
Marin
D6B4A694 AB7D 46DA 8246 538DCE7E65EB

Hello,

I am new here, hi to all,
So bought an a3 8pa few weeks ago and now I have run into an annoying problem that is quite common.
The central locking is playing up… front left door doesn’t open or unlock even with pressing the key or using the fob. I close it with the child lock.
The rear right and driver’s door won’t unlock with the press of the key but they close when I press it.
The rear left door is the only one that seems to be working.
I took it to an technician and they were as puzzled as me.
Has anyone else experienced this? And if yes, how did you fixed it?

Thanks,
MarinView attachment 260730

I had the same issue with my A3 8PA on all the doors except the drivers door. Initially when I purchased the car, the auto lock was temperamental. Eventually three of the doors stopped locking and the auto lock light inside the car wouldn’t work. Initially I thought there may be a wiring fault so checked the door cables and all seemed fine. I decided to repair all three of the lock actuators in the end and they have been perfect since. So basically the motor which sits in the actuator develops a build up of dirt and in turn stops the connection to be made to lock/unlock the door. I came across a very useful video on YouTube for the A4 (link attached) this is a very similar lock actuator and potentially may even be the same one. The actuator consists of an electronic and also a mechanical part. You have to be very gentle here and do not try to force these apart, springs may come off so be very careful with where you carry out the work as a little part going missing can mess this up. You can buy a new actuator but they are around £30 each. Make sure once you take the motors apart that you give the contacts a very good clean with sandpaper etc. as you only really want to do this the once. Hope this helps.