Error message?

Jimbo's TT

Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Reaction score
Went for a little drive on one of my favourite back roads this afternoon, lots of bendy corners and a few decent straights.
I had just got past a couple of slower cars when the ESP light came on and the glow plug warning lamp started flashing???
I've never experienced this before, oh.... and the car dropped into limp mode too. Very frustrating!!
The cars a TDi TT 2013 Black Edition model, the message on the dash said check owners hand book, so, I pull over at a convenient place and switch off to read the book.
The book says that I have an ECU issue, and that the traction control safety feature is now switched off, so, I start her back up and WTF??? Both of the lights have gone out and we are not in limp mode anymore???
Unfortunately I don't have VCDS and it's too late to get to my preferred garage before closing time to see if there are any fault codes stored so I'm at a loss to explain it. I'm just glad that it's seemed to sort itself out, BUT, I am left not really trusting the car for anything other than straight low speed cruising.
Any thoughts on the matter guys?