SQ5 Swirl flap issue

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
So had this error pop up yesterday, they (AA) can’t clear the code…will have to get it booked in again under warranty. What’s the usual fix, is it a new manifold job?
3201662D B4AA 41CC 88EA F44EE62F2C36

Hi, @razza1 . I had this happen on my B7 3.0TDi quattro A4. When it first happened it was still a whole manifold job, but subsequently it became possibly to buy repair kits for the motor and linkage. By then, however, I’d had the error code mapped out so the ECU just ignored it. That was a 2007 engine, I’m assuming yours is a newer generation so there could be differences.

Yes 2015, I’ve got warranty so should be covered, just interesting to see if it’s a whole manifold swap job it should give many more years protection. Is there an inlet manifold both sides?
If it’s a warranty job, I wouldn’t be surprised if Audi replaces the entire manifold. As for whether there are separate manifolds for each bank, all I can say is there were in 2007.

Reactions: razza1
Just gone into limp mode last night with flashing orange coil lights…recovered to audi as now more error codes. He thinks it might be blocked dpf but then checked and it wasn’t full of soot so might be something else. Luckily with audi assist they’ve got to look at it within 48hours now and delivered me a brand new Volvo boat xc90 to use in the meantime

The wife is really happy after I’d promised never to get any aid again after they wanted £13k for a new gearbox on my s4 (I obviously paid nowhere near that or via audi to fix…).
Even my folks have commented about how I should stop buying cars that spend more time at the garage than at home.
at least I’ve got a fully loaded £65k car as a cutesy car, even if it is like driving a bus…

Nightmare, reading audi reckon it’s the soot build up in the manifold and have been advised it’s £400 to clean it out…not covered by warranty…and then if the issue is still there to then change the valve…
How easy are these to remove and clean out yourself?

Collected it back from reading audi as Basingstoke already have authorisation to change the valve, although the check in paperwork says it’s the throttle body that’s being replaced…god knows.
In tomorrow with them to hopefully fix it under warranty. If it needs cleaning I’ll take it elsewhere for cheaper or do it myself…

Reactions: jdp1962
Valve done. They needed to do a forced regen as the limp mode was because the dpf was full due to the flap issue making it build up more.
No cost, all sorted under warranty and it feels like a rocket now it’s fixed and not in limp mode :)
Worth while hanging on to take it back their instead of spending £400 at reading that I wouldn’t have got back

Reactions: jdp1962