Is the driver's side glovebox universal fit to all A3 8Y? [LHD]

Ninetales

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got an 2023 Audi A3 8Y Advanced here in Oman (Audi Middle East model, LHD car) last month, and when I asked the sales representative about ordering the drivers side glove box he said it isn't available in my model.

I passed by the Audi Parts office today and gave them the number I found in this forum (8Y2863084a - RHD?), and he found the LHD version, however, he told me according to the chassis # it does not 'fit' my car. In the A3 parts diagram he printed (pic below) it clearly shows the availability, so he could order it for me from Germany.

I am not sure if there is differences between Audi A3 8Y models? If it is shown in the diagram, it would work? Perhaps the A3's coming to the Middle East don't have the Storage Pack hence it's a 'system' unavailability, not a real technical one?

Anyone installed it for a LHD car?

Hello All,

I got an 2023 Audi A3 8Y Advanced here in Oman (Audi Middle East model, LHD car) last month, and when I asked the sales representative about ordering the drivers side glove box he said it isn't available in my model.

I passed by the Audi Parts office today and gave them the number I found in this forum (8Y2863084a - RHD?), and he found the LHD version, however, he told me according to the chassis # it does not 'fit' my car. In the A3 parts diagram he printed (pic below) it clearly shows the availability, so he could order it for me from Germany.

I am not sure if there is differences between Audi A3 8Y models? If it is shown in the diagram, it would work? Perhaps the A3's coming to the Middle East don't have the Storage Pack hence it's a 'system' unavailability, not a real technical one?

View attachment 262499
Do you have a hole there with a fake cover at the moment? If yes then I believe if you just pop off the cover this should pop in. Believe there is a LH and RH side version. Sure there is a thread on here about this already if you try a search.

Hello All,

View attachment 262499
Would you be able to tell me the part number for LHD version?

According from Audi Oman, the LHD driver side box part number is:

I am still awaiting the item to arrive. And will post promptly to confirm the installation.
Just to confirm for future buyers : LHD driver side box part [ V8Y1863084A ] fits perfectly.

The older part could be removed easily by the U-shaped lug nut wheel cover tool, and slides right in.

IMG 4344 Large