Upgrade from Edition 1 (2020) to Edition 1 (2023) - What to expect?

jsnbts

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I ordered my Audi A3 Edition 1 back in September 2020 and picked it up in November 2020. Mine is one of the models that came without the electronic seat adjustments (and I got some money back from Audi because of it).

As it was coming up to my renewal date my dealer got me in for a chat, and long story short I've re-ordered the same car model again. I placed the order in November and have been told it will be May 2023-ish before I can expect delivery.

Should I be expecting anything different in the 2023 version? Hopefully, they will remember to install the electronically adjusted seating this time(!), and I'm hoping that the My Audi app will give me options such as pre-heating and remote locking/unlocking which I don't currently have. I also heard Amazon Alexa is now part of the MMI now?

I'm slightly concerned about the other threads I've seen here where some cars aren't coming with the ambient lighting pack installed with zero communication from Audi (I will be rejecting the car if this is the case!) - is this a widespread issue on new vehicles or just a blip like the electronic seat issue was?

I currently have the Audi A3 35 TFSI Edition 1 5dr S Tronic with Comfort & Sound pack (built in October/November 2020), and will be getting the same model delivered in May 2023. The only thing I've had to compromise on is the wireless phone charger - apparently, it's not being offered currently due to parts issues.

One thing you've not taken into consideration is the 8Y will get a slight facelift externally plus some well needed interior improvements these improvements will be revealed in the 2nd half of 2023

I thought Ambient lighting had gone full stop?
I ordered an S3 Vorsprung which included it as standard in January. It arrived in December and did have the ambient lighting present.

That’s a relief regarding the ambient lighting - my order definitely has it included on the order for so I’ll be mad if it gets deleted at the factory without them even mentioning it.
I didn’t realise it would be getting a minor facelift in 2023 however I’ll probably be doing the same again in a couple of years so will benefit from that then!

Just to update - my car (ordered in Nov 2022), has been built and I've had the update from Audi to say it's been on the boat and has now arrived in the UK. Not yet heard from my dealer but I imagine I'll be able to get my hands on it in a couple of weeks hopefully. Keeping everything crossed that it comes with the specs I'm expecting!

i collected a 2023 edition one this weekend, it has electronically adjusted seating and ambient lighting installed.

Reactions: jsnbts and sc63
That’s really good to know, thank you! Hope you’re enjoying it so far!
Its very nice, ive actually just agreed to sell it as been offered £1200 more than i paid for it. Was hoping to get same in grey but have gone for a black one

Yeah got decent price on motorway and collecting same spec in black next week. I liked the turbo blue but was bit too bright for me.
Nice one, I was going to go turbo blue but wife said same to bright for us. Out of interest what model / spec you getting?

Nice one, I was going to go turbo blue but wife said same to bright for us. Out of interest what model / spec you getting?
Just a standard edition 1, wanted sound and comfort but none available unless factory order. So will get the rear camera fitted extra as only thing i wanted.

Reactions: SamB2020
Just a standard edition 1, wanted sound and comfort but none available unless factory order. So will get the rear camera fitted extra as only thing i wanted.
I’ve got an Edition 1 arriving very soon. Think the delay has been the sound and comfort I also ordered storage pack as the one I have doesn’t have it.

I was really wanting turbo blue but none round for the spec I wanted, so went for black thinking it would be boring but it actually looks great

I’ve had Turbo Blue since the beginning and I don’t regret it, but I love the splash of colour on the driveway - I still get comments on it now! Looking forward to hearing from my dealership soon.. can’t be too long now!

Reactions: Zoomer, sc63 and Saral
well i changed from a standard turbo blue edition 1 to another grey with sound and comfort and that has just arrived with no ambient lighting or puddle lights

Is it an A3 or S3? I'm curious if it drives exactly the same as your old one, because mine does not.

Picked up my Edition 1 yesterday - happy to report it has come with the Extended Ambient Lighting Pack and the Audi Beam / Audi logo puddle lights (but the dealer put those on for me as I think they’ve been removed from standard E1 spec now).
Overall pleased and interesting to see the subtle differences between this model and the 2023 version, including the different virtual cockpit display option ‘S Performance’, which I’m loving.