Running e85 mixture

Amirh87

Reaction score
For the past few visits at the pump(last 5 fill ups)

I’ve been putting 3-5gallons of e85 and then filling up with 91(best fuel I can get in California)

I love the way the car feels and id like to continue doing this. Is there a detriment in continuing to do this? Is there anything I should be concerned about?

I’m certainly not pushing my car to the limit all the time. I occasionally go up in the canyons but even then I’m nlusually in 3-4th around 4-5k rpm most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the past few visits at the pump(last 5 fill ups)

I’ve been putting 3-5gallons of e85 and then filling up with 91(best fuel I can get in California)

I love the way the car feels and id like to continue doing this. Is there a detriment in continuing to do this? Is there anything I should be concerned about?

I’m certainly not pushing my car to the limit all the time. I occasionally go up in the canyons but even then I’m nlusually in 3-4th around 4-5k rpm most of the time

You’ll be ok if not going past 20% mix, any more and you might get a fuel trim EML

Would that show up on dash or should I be scanning for codes?

Would that show up on dash or should I be scanning for codes?

Defo a dash light.

Bigger E quantity will cause issues on a standard car, injector duty needs upping to cope with the ethanol, which can only be done when a custom map becomes available.

My Daza 2.5 ran so much better on a e30 mix and I could push the timing a little further to take advantage of it.

Beware though, it’s hit / miss mixing like you are doing, you’ve no idea how strong the mix is, I used to do it via a calculator and filling jug when I got home from filling up.

Best to use an Ethanol sensor in the fuel line to be sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike.46
Quite a few people have been running up to E30 mix. I've been going between E20-E30 mix with 98 if going for a run or track.

Defo a dash light.

Bigger E quantity will cause issues on a standard car, injector duty needs upping to cope with the ethanol, which can only be done when a custom map becomes available.

My Daza 2.5 ran so much better on a e30 mix and I could push the timing a little further to take advantage of it.

Beware though, it’s hit / miss mixing like you are doing, you’ve no idea how strong the mix is, I used to do it via a calculator and filling jug when I got home from filling up.

Best to use an Ethanol sensor in the fuel line to be sure.

If I've over mixed. What symptoms would I be noticing and what should do I do to mitigate any major damage.

I'm waiting for the IE tune and I'll install they're flex fuel sensor

If I've over mixed. What symptoms would I be noticing and what should do I do to mitigate any major damage.

I'm waiting for the IE tune and I'll install they're flex fuel sensor

I would fit the flex fuel sensor if I where you, not throw it in Willy nilly…….

Reactions: Amirh87
Keep below e20, use a sensor.
If more without adjustment of the tune your fuel trims will end up outside of thresholds