Seat height

Statiker

Reaction score
Are the front seats in the 8Y lower than the 8V? I’ve read a couple of reviews that mention a more “sporty” driving position? I’m thinking of moving to an 8Y but I’m now of an age that I need to think about how easy a car is to get in and out off ! Perhaps I need a Q2 !

My 8Y definitely feels lower than what my 8V did. The seats have a big range of height adjustment though.
But I do find my “ideal” driving position means I hit my head on the pillar when looking behind at tight junctions and exiting the car. So I have to sit a little lower, not the end of the world.

It’s worth taking one for a test drive to see what you think.

Are the front seats in the 8Y lower than the 8V? I’ve read a couple of reviews that mention a more “sporty” driving position? I’m thinking of moving to an 8Y but I’m now of an age that I need to think about how easy a car is to get in and out off ! Perhaps I need a Q2 !
I have just come from a Q2 and I had the same doubt as I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.I personally can get in and out easily.Go to a dealer and ask to sit in one.Good luck.

I have a question about the driver's seat adjustment. My 2024 8Y model comes with the basic manual adjustment and sport front seats.

I have managed to raise the passenger seat in height, but not the pilot's seat, because the lever neither goes up nor down, it is very hard. It is normal?

I also can’t work out the best seating position. When leaver seems to tilt the seat angle up or down

Can you adjust driver's seat height?
Yeah, I mean I haven’t worked out the best position as something doesn’t feel quite right. It’s hard to use the window switches without hitting my elbow on my self/seat so feels like I’m too far forward but then the wheel is about the right distance arms length wise.

Yeah, I mean I haven’t worked out the best position as something doesn’t feel quite right. It’s hard to use the window switches without hitting my elbow on my self/seat so feels like I’m too far forward but then the wheel is about the right distance arms length wise.
Please, and do you have same config as me? Sport front seats with manual adjustment?

I attach an image, it is lever number 5, it does not work in my front driver's seat, I have front sports seats with manual adjustment.
Any help?

Attachments

• seat.png
    seat.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 57
That lever number 5 is the one that adjusts the tilt angle. You need both levers 2 and 5 to raise or lower the seat maintaining the same angle. The lever 5 is very stiff, sometimes it needs to be pushed to both directions to get it going. If it's totally loose or stuck and does nothing, ask the dealer to fix it. It's almost as important as the lever 2 to get the seating position right. I just hope the steering wheel would come further out, I want to keep my legs quite straight which sets the seat farther than for most people as tall as me.

8Y is definitely not the easiest car to get in and out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roaudi
That lever number 5 is the one that adjusts the tilt angle. You need both levers 2 and 5 to raise or lower the seat maintaining the same angle. The lever 5 is very stiff, sometimes it needs to be pushed to both directions to get it going. If it's totally loose or stuck and does nothing, ask the dealer to fix it. It's almost as important as the lever 2 to get the seating position right. I just hope the steering wheel would come further out, I want to keep my legs quite straight which sets the seat farther than for most people as tall as me.

8Y is definitely not the easiest car to get in and out.
Thanks, I will try. But mine has not lever 2, only lever 1, 3 and 5.

Not possible. Even the most spartan basic seats have the height adjustment, which is the lever 2. If it's somehow missing, there's a hole where it should go in.

No issues for me with the height or close/far position to wheel of my seat. However i do not have no6 function on my seats. I have the 'Sport' trim seats. Not the S line ones with integrated headrest. UK spec car, other regions may have differnet combination of seats / trims. It does have seat heating though as part of C&S
F3a39dc4beee4e689c52a2f7158d2380

Not possible. Even the most spartan basic seats have the height adjustment, which is the lever 2. If it's somehow missing, there's a hole where it should go in.
I will check later

No issues for me with the height or close/far position to wheel of my seat. However i do not have no6 function on my seats. I have the 'Sport' trim seats. Not the S line ones with integrated headrest. UK spec car, other regions may have differnet combination of seats / trims. It does have seat heating though as part of C&S
View attachment 274586
Mine from Spain has Sport seats but integrated headrest.

Solved. Indeed, it does have that lever installed that you name. By moving that one, I was able to unlock the number 5 and so I was finally able to adjust the driver's seat.

Reactions: JKP
Ok, that's good.

A bit funny that in UK you have a trim called Sport and it's got basic seats. Almost all the 8Ys in Finland have come with the sport seats with integrated headrests, it was actually hard to spec one without them. They were called just "sport seats", no any refer to S-line. If you selected the S-line trim the seats were still the same, just some more special upholsteries available that you couldn't get with non-S-line trim. I found it weird those seats even have the adjustable thigh support but no lumbar support, which on the other hand didn't cost much of anything if you just could configure the car by yourself. (My first one was a stock car, the current one a factory order.)

Does everyone else find it hard to touch the window switches with your your elbow feeling trapped? Even when I put my seat back more it still feels like it’s a struggle to touch the window switches and feels cramped?