Fatihh_b7

Reaction score
Hi,

After not being satisfied with the stance of my b7, and the excessive body roll round the corners. I decided to have a suspension upgrade from the stock S-line. Recently I got a set of slightly used Eibach sportline springs for my b7, I am thinking of fitting these to my stock S line shocks, but after reading here lots of threads, I see that many of you don’t crave the S line shocks (especially Charlie ), I agree that what Charlie recommends (Bilstein B8) would be the perfect combo with the lowering springs, but I don’t have the budget for those. My options are either to fit the Eibach sportlines with the stock S line shocks, or go with new Bilstein B4 shocks, as they are cheaper and available in my country. Please guide me what to do!
P.S. what i want to achieve is a lowered stance and better handling without sacrificing too much in comfort.

Attachments

• 8D0DE174-E538-452F-BA09-CC8C93BEDFEA.jpeg
    8D0DE174-E538-452F-BA09-CC8C93BEDFEA.jpeg
    795.7 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: tr7
I have bilsteins on my b7 and it handles great, I did have kw adjustable springs on the standard drc and that was perfect but the Billy's are decent

I have bilsteins on my b7 and it handles great, I did have kw adjustable springs on the standard drc and that was perfect but the Billy's are decent
Do you have the standard bilsteins or the sport ones? since yours is an RS.

Hi,

After not being satisfied with the stance of my b7, and the excessive body roll round the corners. I decided to have a suspension upgrade from the stock S-line. Recently I got a set of slightly used Eibach sportline springs for my b7, I am thinking of fitting these to my stock S line shocks, but after reading here lots of threads, I see that many of you don’t crave the S line shocks (especially Charlie ), I agree that what Charlie recommends (Bilstein B8) would be the perfect combo with the lowering springs, but I don’t have the budget for those. My options are either to fit the Eibach sportlines with the stock S line shocks, or go with new Bilstein B4 shocks, as they are cheaper and available in my country. Please guide me what to do!
P.S. what i want to achieve is a lowered stance and better handling without sacrificing too much in comfort.
The S-line dampers are ok when new, not brilliant but OK, as they get older they do lose a lot of their damping and tend to leak as well.
S-line springs are the same, ok to start with, but still a long way from being ideal, but, they are still very stiff, and the rears are always snapping too.

If your original dampers are still ok then changing the springs will be a benefit, no where near as good as replacing dampers and springs but it will be an improvement.

B8 Bilsteins are an excellent choice, a bit more cost wise but well worth it, I had them fitted for a few years and couldn't fault them, and i'm a bit picky sometimes.

A good way to reduce a lot of the body roll even with uprated suspension etc is by fitting the rs4 Rear ARB, it's a big improvement.

Don't rule out coil overs as they are a very good option to get that perfect ride height /stance, either way, the better the quality damper/springs you go with the better the end result.

The S-line dampers are ok when new, not brilliant but OK, as they get older they do lose a lot of their damping and tend to leak as well.
S-line springs are the same, ok to start with, but still a long way from being ideal, but, they are still very stiff, and the rears are always snapping too.

If your original dampers are still ok then changing the springs will be a benefit, no where near as good as replacing dampers and springs but it will be an improvement.

B8 Bilsteins are an excellent choice, a bit more cost wise but well worth it, I had them fitted for a few years and couldn't fault them, and i'm a bit picky sometimes.

A good way to reduce a lot of the body roll even with uprated suspension etc is by fitting the rs4 Rear ARB, it's a big improvement.

Don't rule out coil overs as they are a very good option to get that perfect ride height /stance, either way, the better the quality damper/springs you go with the better the end result.
Quite clear. But if i cannot find the B8 Bilsteins, will I be good to go with the OEM replacement B4 bilsteins (they are oem height), will they have issue staying compressed forever from the sportline springs. And my concern is that with B4s I may have a downgrade regarding the sportiness from the s line dampers.

Quite clear. But if i cannot find the B8 Bilsteins, will I be good to go with the OEM replacement B4 bilsteins (they are oem height), will they have issue staying compressed forever from the sportline springs. And my concern is that with B4s I may have a downgrade regarding the sportiness from the s line dampers.

One thing to look out for when changing springs and dampers is the bump stops .I shortened mine on the b8s at the rear as I suspected i was riding on them
I seem to remember the b8s have built in bump stops at the front
Which ever you go for do the research on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fatihh_b7
If ordering the B4's make sure they're for "Sports Suspension"

There are two different types

I have B4's in the rear of my car and I'm satisfied. Though I didn't intend on lowering my car

Interested to see which combo you go for. As I may go the same route eventually

If ordering the B4's make sure they're for "Sports Suspension"

There are two different types

I have B4's in the rear of my car and I'm satisfied. Though I didn't intend on lowering my car

Interested to see which combo you go for. As I may go the same route eventually
I have them in my store (as I sell spare parts), so I’ll make sure what type they are.

Sure mate, I’ll keep record of the work here.

Post up some pics of your car. Looks wicked from the avatar!

I was tempted to buy another B7 in Black recently. B7 look so good in black

Indeed it does! The compliments I get are: It scares me! Haha

Even though I haven’t had it detailed, the Brilliant black color makes it look deep, and being a special edition, the black accents complement it.
Yeah! I agree with you, I also have a B7 in reflex silver, which i own for more than four years, but the moment my eyes fell on this evil one, I couldn’t get my head off of her, so i traded my VW Golf GT for her.

I haven’t taken the time to photoshoot her better but anyway..

Attachments

• F029C205-26C9-4A5E-9E05-D3349FC5E3C9.jpeg
    F029C205-26C9-4A5E-9E05-D3349FC5E3C9.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 1C551835-F684-4B7E-8F25-6D0B3A0FA6A2.jpeg
    1C551835-F684-4B7E-8F25-6D0B3A0FA6A2.jpeg
    996.7 KB · Views: 86
  • AD3F2172-2432-431D-8BEA-6A5761CE3C6B.jpeg
    AD3F2172-2432-431D-8BEA-6A5761CE3C6B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: Rob Avant, tr7 and Charlie Farley
Come on :D I still envy what you have done to yours Rob. Mine is far from it. Those OZ rims on yours look so posh, also been reading the looong list of the upgrades that you have done, you have it in a better condition than a B9 A4. But I’m not willing to invest that much money and time into this (regarding upgrades), as it is already a well rounded car with the essential upgrades that it needs. And I often want my cars to be in perfect condition functionally, maintained, and not deviate it much from the context the factory has intended.

Last edited:
You are lucky enough to have the Mk2 special edition which benefits from the black optics trim and lemans alloys as standard which always looks really nice.
Rs4 grille is such a big visual enhancement on the front end, it should have been an option really.

For me Brilliant black is the better of the black finishes, really has depth to it, well when it's clean that is but all colors are great really just down to personal choice.

The Oz alloys are a very good match to the original ronals on the MK1 and DTM but just that bit better than original.

Indeed it does! The compliments I get are: It scares me! Haha

Even though I haven’t had it detailed, the Brilliant black color makes it look deep, and being a special edition, the black accents complement it.
Yeah! I agree with you, I also have a B7 in reflex silver, which i own for more than four years, but the moment my eyes fell on this evil one, I couldn’t get my head off of her, so i traded my VW Golf GT for her.

I haven’t taken the time to photoshoot her better but anyway..
Any rear pics, not sure what this bit is, looks a bit bulky for ex tips but maybe the angle of pic.

blades look like S4 items, but again maybe the angle of pic.

Not much gets past my B7 radar..:yes:

They do look good.

RDX diffuser color matched to the wheels, and Akrapovic 89mm carbon gloss tips.

Talking about rear valances ,found some left over wrap today thought I’d give it go ,excuse the filthy bumper
632b0c1b090626e215d8c7e7d366ff7c.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Fatihh_b7
Talking about rear valances ,found some left over wrap today thought I’d give it go ,excuse the filthy bumper
632b0c1b090626e215d8c7e7d366ff7c.jpg

Just some polish on those tips, and it looks great :yahoo:

Reactions: Jamsmoo and Charlie Farley