Outside Temperature Below Zero

Pompey_Pip

Reaction score
During this cold spell my car has never provided a negative temperature reading. I leave the house and my trusty Lidl weatherstation says the outside air temperature is minus 2 degrees, but the car just reports 0°C, has anybody seen a negative outside air temperature on their 8Y?

I've seen -2 before with snow flake symbol. UK Spec car

Reactions: AdamInKent
During this cold spell my car has never provided a negative temperature reading. I leave the house and my trusty Lidl weatherstation says the outside air temperature is minus 2 degrees, but the car just reports 0°C, has anybody seen a negative outside air temperature on their 8Y?
I have had temp a reading of -6.

6EAF5FA2 EC0A 4CB1 8762 A903F57FA652

I’ve had -2 a few times, also my car hates the cold weather and always throws up a parking brake fault when it around the zero degree temp.

Hmm how can you change the theme on the dashboard? I only have the default one, i thought u cannot change themes on other dashboard than virtual cockpit
SamB2020’s photo is of a std dash in wide mode: toggled with the View button on the steering wheel.
(I recommend a skim read of the manual as there are loads of little features that you’ll otherwise probably miss.)

SamB2020’s photo is of a std dash in wide mode: toggled with the View button on the steering wheel.
(I recommend a skim read of the manual as there are loads of little features that you’ll otherwise probably miss.)
i dont have "view" button on the steering wheel ;)

:concern: I’m guessing that’s a difference in spec between the U.K. and Poland?
im pretty sure its not the issue, when i was ordering the car i checked most of the EU countries and all beside hungary had same "base spec" - but poland price of A3 is way below any other EU country (even bosnia) (hungary is the only country selling A3 on steel alloys in base xD) so I think there is something added to the spec that makes the "VIEW" button and possible to change the view of instruments.

Actually the UK Audi website configurator is kinda **** compared to other countries (like germany, poland) - all is sold in "packages" while i could add every single option

Last edited:
im pretty sure its not the issue, when i was ordering the car i checked most of the EU countries and all beside hungary had same "base spec" - but poland price of A3 is way below any other EU country (even bosnia) (hungary is the only country selling A3 on steel alloys in base xD) so I think there is something added to the spec that makes the "VIEW" button and possible to change the view of instruments
I’ve just had a quick look at the U.K. configurator. The VIEW button is listed in the base spec of the lowest cost trim. (Under “Audio & Communication” “Audi Virtual Cockpit”.)