Weird Map/GPS issue

JGRS3

Reaction score
Evening all,

Had a strange issue this afternoon...around 3pm I started on a 30 minute drive and noticed my MMI navigation location was all over the place like 100 metres to the right of the road I was actually on. After around ten minutes of trying to figure out what on earth was going on I noticed a notification saying that it was downloading a map update, so I assumed this was causing the issues. The map update completed, but then the Nav system went absolutely haywire and now it's just settled location somewhere about twenty miles from my house and is refusing to move. This is really annoying because the HUD speed limit is completely out of sync and the car keeps flashing up an error saying it can't read road signs (No surprise as the map shows the car in the middle of a field!).

Since then I've tried every trick I can find on Google including resetting the MMI and leaving the car for a couple of hours, but nothing seems to be working. Just wondering if anyone has any tips (Like perhaps trying to re-install map update, although I have no idea how I would do this...)?

If it hasn't miraculously fixed itself overnight I'll book it in to the dealer, but no doubt that will take 2-3 weeks to get in, so any advice would be much appreciated!

What does it do when you input a destination and use it ?
I take it you've done a factory reset in settings, held down the on/off button to reset, held 2 fingers in the top right hand corner of the screen until it brought the engineer menu up then reboot from it ?

What does it do when you input a destination and use it ?
I take it you've done a factory reset in settings, held down the on/off button to reset, held 2 fingers in the top right hand corner of the screen until it brought the engineer menu up then reboot from it ?
If I input a destination it keeps saying drive off-road for 1000ft or something and seems to travel in the right direction but in completely the wrong place (if that makes sense). Because of this it pops up every few minutes with an error saying it can’t read traffic signs. This also means the speed limit warnings on the dash and HUD are completely wrong.

So far I’ve done the on/off button reset and also engineers reset. I haven’t done factory reset yet as the thought of re-doing all the settings again makes me feel a bit , but I reckon that’s probably my next step. I’ll ring up on Monday morning to get it booked in to Audi, bur the inevitable wait period will be frustrating.
Do you reckon it’s worth trying the factory reset?

If I input a destination it keeps saying drive off-road for 1000ft or something and seems to travel in the right direction but in completely the wrong place (if that makes sense). Because of this it pops up every few minutes with an error saying it can’t read traffic signs. This also means the speed limit warnings on the dash and HUD are completely wrong.

So far I’ve done the on/off button reset and also engineers reset. I haven’t done factory reset yet as the thought of re-doing all the settings again makes me feel a bit , but I reckon that’s probably my next step. I’ll ring up on Monday morning to get it booked in to Audi, bur the inevitable wait period will be frustrating.
Do you reckon it’s worth trying the factory reset?
I would.......

Reactions: JGRS3
Will report back…
Just done full factory reset and my map location is still stubbornly wrong sat in a field about twenty miles away . I think next step is going to be a dealer booking unless there’s any other suggestions? It’s a very strange issue….I feel is has to be a corrupt update of the map data as it seems too coincidental that this happened whilst it was doing an automatic update, but surely this would have affected other people too?