Weird Acceleration/Stutter Issue

RS5JON

Reaction score
So I had a weird one on the way to work this morning.

Pulled out from a junction with a bit of pace and the car stuttered while accelerating. It was going from full power to none every half second.
Almost as if limp mode was being turned on and off. The problem was happening in Auto and I could replicate it everytime.

Switched to manual and there was no stutter at all, full power as usual! Weirdest thing is that there was no warning lights to accompany it.

Not had the chance to drive again as I'm at work now, but if it's the same on the way home will have to go straight to Audi!

Update! Drove it home and no issues at all. Then drove it for an hour later on and still no issues.

I guess turning it off and on again is the answer to everything :laugh:

Update! Drove it home and no issues at all. Then drove it for an hour later on and still no issues.

I guess turning it off and on again is the answer to everything :laugh:
Just like any device :thumbs up:

Reactions: RS5JON
So I had a weird one on the way to work this morning.

Pulled out from a junction with a bit of pace and the car stuttered while accelerating. It was going from full power to none every half second.
Almost as if limp mode was being turned on and off. The problem was happening in Auto and I could replicate it everytime.

Switched to manual and there was no stutter at all, full power as usual! Weirdest thing is that there was no warning lights to accompany it.

Not had the chance to drive again as I'm at work now, but if it's the same on the way home will have to go straight to Audi!
Definitely wasn't traction control cutting power? Was car warmed up or cold?

Definitely wasn't traction control cutting power? Was car warmed up or cold?
Car was fully warm and felt really severe to be TC. Was even doing it in a straight line under medium load.

Almost like kangarooing a manual!

Still no symptoms this morning after an hour drive thankfully :thumbs up:

I had something similar but was related to Stop Start not restarting the engine correctly it spluttered along for a few seconds then complained that I needed to start the car again manually (with a warning on the dash)?

Car definitely has some quirks!!!

Reactions: RS5JON and RS03???
I had something similar but was related to Stop Start not restarting the engine correctly it spluttered along for a few seconds then complained that I needed to start the car again manually (with a warning on the dash)?

Car definitely has some quirks!!!
Exact same reason for me when it happened on a busy roundabout. Jump in Start Engine, De-activate Start-Stop, Drive Select.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RS5JON