Audi Adaptive light malfunction

ABS2788

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light as to why my cornering lights have stopped working on both sides and getting this warning light.

I’ve checked fuses but seems fine so not sure what else to check. I don’t think it’s the bulb as I changed these about a year ago.
Thank you

Adaptive warning shouldn't be related to the bulbs although it maybe a generic message but it's usually due to the levelling system, check your sensors on the axles aren't snapped or come unplugged.

You'd get your answer from a diag scan tbh.

When I start the car, the lights do the side to side and up and down so they are fine. It’s just the cornering bulbs have both stopped working.
I did a scan using Carista app but it didn’t pick anything on there. Is it more a vcds scan?

Cornering bulbs, as in fogs?

Only bits that turn with corners are the main xenon lights, others are static unless you've coded the fogs to light up when you turn corners too.

69B16E5B 558F 4E8F BAA8 1AFC070AA5E3

See image for info. This bulb comes on (or should) at night when you turn the steering accordingly.
I know it’s not the bulbs as I’ve had a warning before saying cornering bulb out so I know it’s not that.

Urmm, get it scanned for sure.

You have a cornering bulb out. The car kills both lamps and shows an adaptive headlight error on the dash. Not really helpful. A scan will tell you which side it is, I used VCDS. Hope it’s not drivers side (in UK) as you have to take the air box out to get access to the bulb. I changed both of mine for Philips blue bulbs so they matched the xenon’s.

Reactions: spartacus 68
Oh and you need a scan tool to clear the error before the bulbs will start working. Thanks Audi, not your best idea.

Update: turns out it was drivers side bulb. Strange as last time this went out a year ago, it gave me a bulb out error but this time it just said adaptive malfunction

anyways headlight out, replaced bulb, cleared code via Carista app and so far so good. Let’s see how long the bulb lasts this time. It was a Philips bulb before so thought they would have lasted longer then a year

Reactions: JohnS3