Gauging interest - S4 B8.5 Black Edition with Sports diff

fast-ferret

Reaction score
Hey all, aware this isn't the classifieds but I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to sell, hence not posting there! Basically the S4 is just sitting on the drive going nowhere so I'm wondering whether it's time to sell. It's got a pretty massive spec, hence it might be of interest to some peeps here :)
  • 2013 Black Edition, automatic
  • Sports diff
  • Drive select
  • Black/red super sports seats
  • Facelift, so the newer gear knob, flat bottom wheel etc
  • Sunroof
  • Keyless
  • Adaptive headlights
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Lane change assist / side assist
  • Adaptive cruise
  • Front and rear parking, rear camera
  • Bang and olufsen sound
  • High MMC, I honestly can't recall what this gives!
  • 19 inch rotors
  • Uprated RS5 front brakes
  • Additional interior lights
  • Folding and dimming mirrors
  • Through load with ski bag
  • Tie down webbing
I think that's all, might have forgotten something - it really is a pretty huge spec, I think the only thing not chosen was rear window blinds.

I'm the second owner.

65k miles

I'll put up some photos if anyone is interested!

It's a great spec, I really wish I had held out for one with adaptive cruise. I don't even have heated seated or folding mirrors!

They are such great cars, I'm surprised nobody is showing interest. Maybe being in a sub-forum where we already have A4/S4 is the reason. Would it be worth trying in a more general forum?

One of the best spec ones I’ve seen. Makes me want to sell mine for yours ahah

I am really interested in a B9 RS4 - until I see the price...

My point being that yeah it is a good spec, but is it a good spec for £20k or £15k? So the question is not so much is anyone interested but is anyone interested at X price.

• Haha
Reactions: g00se and RyanJonS4
It's a great spec, I really wish I had held out for one with adaptive cruise. I don't even have heated seated or folding mirrors!

They are such great cars, I'm surprised nobody is showing interest. Maybe being in a sub-forum where we already have A4/S4 is the reason. Would it be worth trying in a more general forum?
I really do love the adaptive cruise, I forgot it had auto full beams as well, but that is absolute dog dirt...
I am really interested in a B9 RS4 - until I see the price...

My point being that yeah it is a good spec, but is it a good spec for £20k or £15k? So the question is not so much is anyone interested but is anyone interested at X price.
To be honest, I've just had a third kid so time takes priority over maximising the money I get for it! if I could choose between putting on Autotrader/eBay and getting a grand or two more vs selling on here, I'd go for here :)

It's hard to set a price as there don't seem to be enough out there to base it on, especially with the addition of the sports diff.

If I could get £18k for it I'd be happy, I think that's a reasonable price, but I'd entertain offers as long as they're sensible.

There's one on AT same age, similar mileage for £15.5k and whilst it claims lots of optional extras they are not actually listed. There's also a few newer ones with lower mileage at £18k, so I guess it's down to how much value the extras and sport diff in your car adds. I suspect the latter will make it desirable though.

The sports diff is a bit of a two-edged sword. On the plus side, it is of immense desirability to enthusiasts such as ourselves. On the downside, the number of people who are sufficiently enthusiastic to care is relatively small and the rest of the car buying population has no idea what the sports diff is. I know from experience when I sold my S4 (which had the sports diff) two years ago.

Reactions: spartacus 68
I do wonder how many people even know if they have the sport diff or not.

Reactions: jdp1962
The sports diff is a bit of a two-edged sword. On the plus side, it is of immense desirability to enthusiasts such as ourselves. On the downside, the number of people who are sufficiently enthusiastic to care is relatively small and the rest of the car buying population has no idea what the sports diff is. I know from experience when I sold my S4 (which had the sports diff) two years ago.
Yeh I tend to think this is the case :) I sold a jetski a few months back with an awesome exhaust on it, presumed the person buying it knew - they hadn't got a clue. They got a right good bargain considering. Hey ho

Probably also the case with a lot of the extras, people just assume the thing they got is standard, or even if they know it is an extra it doesn't seem to add much value which is a shame. Extras must effectively depreciate like crazy.

Last edited:
I do wonder how many people even know if they have the sport diff or not.
I have no idea if I have it, but it does 4wd skids well enough

There is a site where you can input the optional extras from the manual and it'll list what you have. Not sure if it'll be in there?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It is in there, can't recall the code but it is what i used to check my car when I bought it to make sure it was as advertised.

Reactions: grainqey
I have no idea if I have it, but it does 4wd skids well enough

There is a site where you can input the optional extras from the manual and it'll list what you have. Not sure if it'll be in there?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
If you have a sports diff, it should appear in the list of configurable items in the ADS.