New Vorpsrung Owners!

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Can anyone who has bought a VS in the last couple of weeks tell me what features it has (or doesn't have).

Previously I expected on the VS:

No phone box
No Wireless Charging
No TPMS
No Audi connect phone key function

(all present on the Launch Edition)

Am I missing anything?

Mines only came with wireless charging. Its pants tbh, never use it. Faster with cable

Reactions: IanL-RS3
Can anyone who has bought a VS in the last couple of weeks tell me what features it has (or doesn't have).

No phone box
No Wireless Charging
No TPMS

Am I missing anything?
Not sure what the phone box is, but mine that was delivered in September has the wireless charging pad. I've seen some newer that don't have it though so I think that's a hit or miss. A lot of people say that it's pants but it charges my phone and I generally use it for shorter journeys where I just want to keep it topped up rather than using it to actually charge it in a hurry, because it's definitely slower than if you plug it in. For longer journeys I wouldn't use it because it can make my phone a little hot just because of the nature of the technology and I don't want it just sitting stewing for ages.

No TPMS, 360 camera, USBs in the rear (12v socket instead) are the main ones that I can think were removed from the VS models but in general I imagine that most of the stuff on the LE version will be present. I would like the TPMS and 360 camera but in all honesty it hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would. I had a slow puncture and the car told me exactly what tyre it was when it dropped 6psi so from a safety standpoint I'm happy enough with the passive system, but would definitely like to go into the MMI and see the pressures (might retrofit later).

I have an October VS and it's the same spec as Daggerit's above. I find the wireless charger is pretty handy as I use Waze over Carplay on many journeys and it's sufficient to keep the phone fully charged for the duration. It also has a nice feature that it warns you that you've left the phone in the tray when you open the door to get out - which is most times!

Reactions: Daggerit
They’ve removed

Wheels and substituted them with wheel trims

Interior has been removed and a bog standard A3 one in its place

Exhaust is now from a 1.0 TFSI petrol

Matrix dropped

Steering wheel is from an even cheaper A3 model

No MMI now, there’s a £20 tranny stuffed in the hole.

5 cylinder replaced with the 1.0 L 3 pot

Lol funny how upon reading this back, some of this actually rings true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: cooperp, itsbigyellow, Daggerit and 1 other person
They’ve removed

Wheels and substituted them with wheel trims

Interior has been removed and a bog standard A3 one in its place

Exhaust is now from a 1.0 TFSI petrol

Matrix dropped

Steering wheel is from an even cheaper A3 model

No MMI now, there’s a £20 tranny stuffed in the hole.

5 cylinder replaced with the 1.0 L 3 pot

Lol funny how upon reading this back, some of this actually rings true

Exhaust

No phone box
No Wireless Charging
No TPMS

Am I missing anything?

I’m pretty sure my new VS has all of those features enabled… :thumbs up:

No TPMS or Audi connect key function (where your phone can be tapped on the car to open it and drive off without the actual key).
I’m pretty sure my new VS has all of those features enabled… :thumbs up:

Ahhh, I see! I’d never use the mobile phone key anyway. I thought I had TPMS - doh! I definitely have the mobile charging which is useful.

You’ll have ABS TPMS Which is based off Circumference measurement.

Reactions: drgav2005
You’ll have ABS TPMS Which is based off Circumference measurement.

Thanks! Yep, I’m just happy to have the car at all to be honest. The TMPS values were useful to check in previous cars I’ve had but I’m handy with a tyre pressure gauge - helped me spot the tyres had been set on full load / speed from the factory / dealership so they were reduced to more sensible values!

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
Thanks! Yep, I’m just happy to have the car at all to be honest. The TMPS values were useful to check in previous cars I’ve had but I’m handy with a tyre pressure gauge - helped me spot the tyres had been set on full load / speed from the factory / dealership so they were reduced to more sensible values!

Ah thought I recognised the user name.

Dr Gav from RS3OC .

Reactions: drgav2005
Ahhh, I see! I’d never use the mobile phone key anyway. I thought I had TPMS - doh! I definitely have the mobile charging which is useful.
I 'think' the mobile charging pad is also tied up to the mobile phone key feature.

I tend to use higher tyre pressures these days to hopefully avoid wheel damage from potholes, they are awfull around here, even the main A55 dual carraigeway into Wales is full of them.........................

I 'think' the mobile charging pad is also tied up to the mobile phone key feature.

Checked this morning - definitely no TPMS, but there certainly is mobile charging. :thumbs up:
I’ve not investigated the mobile key functionality but I’d never use it anyway.

I tend to use higher tyre pressures these days to hopefully avoid wheel damage from potholes, they are awfull around here, even the main A55 dual carraigeway into Wales is full of them.........................

Same up here in Scotland - roads are shocking :flushed:

All cars made after 2014 have a TPMS integrated as a standard feature, in compliance with EU safety regulations.

To clarify this and avoid confusion the new RS3 does not have individual sensors in each wheel reporting the temperature and pressures live on the infotainment system. Only the Launch Edition in the UK has this.

All other RS3 models have (as I understand it) the ability to alert you if the pressures drop using wheel speed to calculate any pressure changes. They do not display this on the infotainment system at all. All you can do is store the current pressures but the system does not tell you what they are or display them. You can get individual TPMS retrofitted by third-party installers for around £400 with the software adjusted to display it.

Reactions: Daggerit and drgav2005
Are you saying that some wheels do not have a TPMS sensor fitted?

How can the tpms system work unless all wheels are being monitored for pressure variations?

How can the tpms system work unless all wheels are being monitored for pressure variations?

See my post above.

ABS based indirect system.

As a tyre deflates it affects rotational measurement compared to the 3 other wheels so is detected as that wheel rotates different.

Reactions: drgav2005 and Charlie Farley
Are you saying that some wheels do not have a TPMS sensor fitted?

Yup. Launch / launch to market cars have valve sensors fitted.
Audi decided against it on everything else.

On mine it gives pressure and temp readout on VC / MMi

Reactions: RS03??? and Charlie Farley
See my post above.

ABS based indirect system.

As a tyre deflates it affects rotational measurement compared to the 3 other wheels so is detected as that wheel rotates different.

Fair enough, I was going to say is it an indirect system on this model.

Reactions: Daggerit and 8YARWY
Fair enough, I was going to say is it an indirect system on this model.

Only difference in my experience is the system with the sensors reacts fast, I’ve had it a couple of times where it’s warned me the minute I’ve moved the car out of the garage.

On the Abs system you can drive a few miles before it detects a difference, which doesn’t do a flat tyre any favours from a repair point of view.

Reactions: Daggerit, RS03??? and Charlie Farley
That's slightly annoying, it's a feature I quite like with the Teslarse.
Had TPMS on my 8v, very handy.
Can't believe Audi offer ceramic brakes for Tracking and no TPMS.
Had a quote 700ish all in for retro fit.
But not sure how the warranty might be affected...asked both Kwikfit and ATS and neither were willing to swap the valves out for TPMS even when I said only change the valves. They said need to go to your dealer !

Kwik Fit were more than happy fit a set of valves and sensors to my S5 last week. Direct TMPS retrofit is scheduled for a couple of weeks time and car is still under warranty

Kwik Fit were more than happy fit a set of valves and sensors to my S5 last week. Direct TMPS retrofit is scheduled for a couple of weeks time and car is still under warranty
Interesting.
Which kwikfit?
Mines St Albans.

Did you need to rebalance the wheels?

Interesting because all of the Kwik Fits anywhere near me refused, saying they have to supply them if they’re to fit them because they have to offer warranty on anything installed.

Interesting because all of the Kwik Fits anywhere near me refused, saying they have to supply them if they’re to fit them because they have to offer warranty on anything installed.

Might be a liability thing rather than warranty. I’ve had a garage refuse to install parts I had for this reason. Insurance wouldn’t cover them.

Might be a liability thing rather than warranty. I’ve had a garage refuse to install parts I had for this reason. Insurance wouldn’t cover them.

Don’t know, Costco said the exact same thing though. Have to offer warranty on anything installed and can’t do that if they didn’t supply the part. Could certainly be linked in with liability too.

Reactions: garethdj
My local tyre fitter has fitted a few sets of TPMS (generally sourced from eBay!) to new wheels / tyres for me without question and they’ve worked every time with no issues… Any good independents in your area?

Reactions: Daggerit and 8YARWY
My local tyre fitter has fitted a few sets of TPMS (generally sourced from eBay!) to new wheels / tyres for me without question and they’ve worked every time with no issues… Any good independents in your area?

Same here, have had TPMS fitted to winter wheels at local tyre fitter before with no issue

Reactions: drgav2005 and 8YARWY
So called 'local fitters' I assume they're not the main stream ones then.

local tyre shop for mine with request to keep alloys undamaged and to use stick on lead weights.

Reactions: cooperp
My local had no issue doing it either, I think it's just larger companies that have the issue. It would've been fine but he was on holiday and I needed one that wasn't working replaced, which is what caused the issue with Kwik Fit and Costco and meant I just had to find another independent and they were happy doing it.

Reactions: cooperp