One owner from NEW!

Barmybobuk

Reaction score
A few months back I purchased an approved used RS3, sold to me as having just one owner.

After purchasing the car the V5 arrived and it turned out the car had two previous owners! The dealer insisted they hadn't made the single owner claim on their advert, but did eventually accept that I had specifically asked the question during the purchase process! There were some other issues with the car too so I wanted out. The dealer did eventually offer me an alternative cancelled 2023 (73) order but owning this 2021 (71) car for just over a week did cause me quite a big financial hit. But I was so was pleased to just get out of it and into a brand new car I swallowed the hit.

This evening someone nudged me, having spotted the car for sale at another dealer.....

RS3 For Sale

This car is still listed as "One Owner" but it has now had, to my knowledge "THREE" owners, two previous plus me!

Thanks for the heads up!
Well it must have some serious big problems if it has already had 3 owners... anyway the car is young amd that probably is the reason why they try to falsely advertise it as a 1 owner car... what they should do is be honest and advertise it right... although it's a dealer car they should fix any problem the car might have. Especially for that asking price!

A few months back I purchased an approved used RS3, sold to me as having just one owner.

After purchasing the car the V5 arrived and it turned out the car had two previous owners! The dealer insisted they hadn't made the single owner claim on their advert, but did eventually accept that I had specifically asked the question during the purchase process! There were some other issues with the car too so I wanted out. The dealer did eventually offer me an alternative cancelled 2023 (73) order but owning this 2021 (71) car for just over a week did cause me quite a big financial hit. But I was so was pleased to just get out of it and into a brand new car I swallowed the hit.

This evening someone nudged me, having spotted the car for sale at another dealer.....

RS3 For Sale

This car is still listed as "One Owner" but it has now had, to my knowledge "THREE" owners, two previous plus me!

Audi dealers seem to be shadiest people.

Worst part of the chain is an Audi Dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: northpole
No excuses for being factually incorrect and would actually give any future purchaser recourse to hand the car back there was an issue.

No of previous may be due to the car initial sold to a broker / dealer who then sold it on with a generous mark up as a lot of the early cars were.

be useful to know what the issues it had were

Reactions: northpole and 8YARWY
The original owner was someone well known in this group.

Anyhow, I am now much happier in a brand new no previous owner car on delivery miles.

Reactions: 8YARWY and northpole
The original owner was someone well known in this group.

Anyhow, I am now much happier in a brand new no previous owner car on delivery miles.

Ah mr pliskin then, issues with a 71 plate doesn’t sound good either.

Reactions: Barmybobuk
They are stating a clerical error that it has 1 owner , if sold it would be the 4th owner ,They know fine well it has been advertised wrong but "clerical error will be their get out clause.

If they are stating that now... it will be their escape clause... best thing to do avoid the car all together. Unless you can buy it at scrap value

Isn't there some DVLA type assistance for a limited time after a car has been sold that allows the 'owner' to be removed from the 'number of previous owners' ?

I know this does happen for instances like when a customer buys the car and then his finance falls through and he pulls out

I found this reply for a similar question

You will need to get the buyer on side, you need to write to the DVLA saying you sold the car, transfered it into the new keepers name but then an issue developed and you decided to cancel the transfer, it could be mechanical or missold, it doesn't matter which. The DVLA will write to the buyer and get them to confirm thats what happened and then if the DVLA are happy they will remove them from the V5.

As it stands they are now the registered keeper of the car, when you transfer it online it is instant.

The DVLA can and will remove owners but it will take some time, the V5 will be with the new owner in the next few days so the V5 you have now will be of no use, in fact you won't be able to sell the car to anyone else until its resolved.

Reactions: flybynite
Isn't there some DVLA type assistance for a limited time after a car has been sold that allows the 'owner' to be removed from the 'number of previous owners' ?

I know this does happen for instances like when a customer buys the car and then his finance falls through and he pulls out

I found this reply for a similar question

You will need to get the buyer on side, you need to write to the DVLA saying you sold the car, transfered it into the new keepers name but then an issue developed and you decided to cancel the transfer, it could be mechanical or missold, it doesn't matter which. The DVLA will write to the buyer and get them to confirm thats what happened and then if the DVLA are happy they will remove them from the V5.

As it stands they are now the registered keeper of the car, when you transfer it online it is instant.

The DVLA can and will remove owners but it will take some time, the V5 will be with the new owner in the next few days so the V5 you have now will be of no use, in fact you won't be able to sell the car to anyone else until its resolved.
Yes, we had an owner removed from a car a few years back. DVLA added an owner when we sent off for a change of address.

Yes, if a car has been returned they can apply for the keeper to be removed from the V5. Happened when I retuned a faulty car a few years ago, we agreed to notify the DVLA.

However there is a clear distinction between 'Legal Owner' and V5 'Registered Keeper'. It might have only one previous 'Registered Keeper' but several 'Legal Owners' and vice versa

Reactions: Barmybobuk, Mike.46 and northpole
Here’s an idea…..

How about all Audi dealerships being honest for a change ? Instead of total gob**ites.

That car should not be sold on the forecourts but offered at auctions... stating the shady history. It will happen eventually.

That car should not be sold on the forecourts but offered at auctions... stating the shady history. It will happen eventually.
Or an honest explanation of why it has had 3 owners and priced accordingly :)

Reactions: 8YARWY and northpole
Or an honest explanation of why it has had 3 owners and priced accordingly :)

‘Honesty’ and ‘Audi’ in the same sentence

Shysters if you ask me.

I have asked if they can explain the 3 previous owners before I even consider looking at the car .