Rear washer not working, not blocked 8V 2014

Wallbrik

Reaction score
So as the title says looks like the std remove replace nozzle. But I took nozzle off and still nothing, so removed boot trim, disconnected water pipe, still nothing when trying. Can hear the motor the whole time and the fluid level in the resevior is dropping.
After reading a previous thread with same symptoms, tried some strimmer wire and poked it right back up the pipe after removing it from the back of the wiper motor. Still not getting anything. No water coming out at all.

I've taken out the front driver wheel arch and lowered the undertray, can't see any leaks around there, it's definitely wasting water somewhere as I filled to the level you can see and the motor is going. Can't find any leak anywhere...
The 2 pipes coming out the bottom of the washer bottle have the same clips as the one connecting to the rear wiper motor so as looking in i removed the rear pointing one and water came flying out the connector on the bottle. Just due to the water pressure above. Then I thought I'll remove the front and no water came out, ah must be blocked. Poked it and water came flying out, but as soon as I removed the strimmer wire it stopped like it has a ball return in that connection unlike the front one..... Tried a few times, it definitely has some kind of one way valve I'm really gutted I can't find the problem anyone gone further??? Or more advice.

So for an update I was going to take the front bumper off, but before that I tried to trace back from the rear wiper and found the carpet in the rear passenger footwell is damp. So I think it's there. I looked under the boot stuff, and also the rear seat and all dry, so I'm thinking it's somewhere under the sill trim. I've looked for a Haynes Manuel and there isn't one the now have this online think and the index doesn't look like it would cover. So does anyone know of something else like the Haynes Manuel to give instruction for removing sill trim and possibly rear trim and seats?

ErWIN are the official Audi repair manuals: https://erwin.audi.com/

It's 7 EUR (ex VAT) for an hour so its probably worth getting that for the cost and download as much of the manual as you can.

Cheers i managed to get one of ebay, over 10,000 pages I think takes some time to navigate but once you figure out it's really good. Thanks I'll keep updated once I've taken trim out over the weekend.

Swap the front and rear pipes over on the pump and see what happens when you operate the front and rear washers. Let us know.

So I have found the problem and it was an easy fix please see photos attached, it was the connection.... Or lack of for the feed pipe to the rear washer in the passenger footwell under the A piller.... Had to remove back seat base, then passenger sill trim, then glove box side panel then A panel. Easy job though and so happy it was just this.. Did give the full system a flush through afterwards.. Thanks all hope this helps someone else.

Seemed odd as really tight to get the pipe end back on so surprised it could just pop off, and it is fairly well protected in the footwell behind the carpet.

Attachments

• IMG_20230304_134545.jpg
    IMG_20230304_134545.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230304_134556.jpg
    IMG_20230304_134556.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: 45bvtc