A3 2.0 tdi 150 vs 2.0 TFSI 190 suspension and road bumps

nonicker

Reaction score
Hi,
i have A3 Sportback Sport 35TDI stronic (150 ks, 2019). Factory Sport suspension -15mm. Currently driving on 205/55/r16 winter tires (225/45/17 summer kit).
Front shock absorbers seem very hard. It absorbs holes in the road, but its a hard impact on bumps. Especially in the front part you can feel a heavy engine and impact from the road bump.

Difficult to explain, but here's an example: I was driving on the highway (95 km/h) and came across a bulging bridge joint. The front part of the car "banged" clearly, I was afraid that something would break. It seemed as if absorbers were so hard that they would be crushed by an impact. Seemed like the engine was heavy with extra load to front shock absorbers. There was no damage (rims ok, tires ok, gearbox ok).
I drove the same route with other cars (same 205/22/16 tires) - over the same bridge link and felt almost nothing.

Question: any owners of A3 2.0 tdi with similar experience? Is the suspension so "firm"?

I was thinking of selling the car and getting the A3 40 TFSI - petrol engine. Maybe petrol engine is lighter and more refined. Might be an improvement?