Tailgate Open

Reaction score
Alright guys,

Strange one, was checking app tonight and it said just the tailgate was open.

Went and checked and the tailgate looked closed and I tried pressing the button and lifting it and it didn’t move.

Never had just the tailgate open warning before normally says the windows are all down or something.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the app falsely reporting the tailgate open?

1455935842951ab3f6778408113946d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright guys,

Strange one, was checking app tonight and it said just the tailgate was open.

Went and checked and the tailgate looked closed and I tried pressing the button and lifting it and it didn’t move.

Never had just the tailgate open warning before normally says the windows are all down or something.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the app falsely reporting the tailgate open?

1455935842951ab3f6778408113946d8.jpg

Yeah, I've had it once or twice. The incorrect status' on the app seem to have been getting less frequent for me though, most of the time now it's actually right.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Yeah, common thing most people have had false reads from the app. As above mine has been ok lately.

Interestingly my Pandora sometimes notifies me ‘opening trunk in security mode’ but its the key in my pocket being activated when I bend over or rest against something, the trunk opening requires two presses and if I check on the Audi app it's closed.

This is another of my pet hates with the car, or the key, no other remote control key has done this with me in the last 20 years :)

Yeah its strange because this is the first time I've just had Tailgate Open and it threw me as normally the error one I used to get was All Windows AND Tailgate open and that made me know it was an error but this is the first time I just had tailgate open.

Went to check it and pressed button and tried to lift it gently without forcing it and it wouldn't move then I opened it and closed it again using my key fob and then the app displayed the car was locked correctly.

Have any of you guys specifically had just the tailgate open warning and then you checked and it was locked?

IMG 0963

I've had a few 'Vehicle not parked safely' but these days I just tend to check the Pandora app

Lol fair enough. Just did it again.

I think its something to do with leaving the tailgate open for 30-40mins then closing and locking the car

After that the system for some reason sees it as being unlocked until you open and close it again. Bit weird !!

Photo 2023 03 15 20 09 11

Reactions: Mike.46
Got a red warning tonight and then the app just updated itself to being fully locked.

I think I’m going to take the advice in another thread and just stop using the app for anything factual as it’s either showing tailgate open, windows and tailgate all open or vehicle not parked safely which was tonight.

I don’t think it’s ever actually been right once.

Bit crap from Audi tbh makes the app almost pointless.