Buzzing noise after turning ignition off

Oldfield78

Reaction score
Hi guys - I’m new to this forum and just picked up a 2018 S3 Sportback and driven it home (approx 30 miles). When I turned the ignition off when I got home, I got a buzzing/humming noise from behind the dash - it’s not loud or high pitched but carries on for about two minutes. Been doing it today also on short journeys. Is this normal? Many thanks.

What engine you have? it could be the dpf regen as you said it happens on short journeys

That’s the fan to cool the MMI unit down by the sounds of your description. It’s quite normal.

Hi guys - I’m new to this forum and just picked up a 2018 S3 Sportback and driven it home (approx 30 miles). When I turned the ignition off when I got home, I got a buzzing/humming noise from behind the dash - it’s not loud or high pitched but carries on for about two minutes. Been doing it today also on short journeys. Is this normal? Many thanks.

I've noticed this too on my S3 since I bought it in June last year, it's never bothered me but good to finally know mine's not the only one and it's just a fan.