Looking to purchase an Audi A6 C7 3.0bitdi

vdk

Reaction score
Hello, as the post states I am looking to purchase an Audi A6 C7 3.0bitdi 2012. The reason for this post is that I would like to know how can I check If it really is a 3.0bitdi or a regular 3.0tdi, since visually I can't tell the difference and I like to be sure in what I purchase. Sorry if the topic is a bit strange but I couldn't find anything regarding this. Thanks in advance!

If you look at the build sticker, which you will find one either in the inside cover of the service book or drivers handbook and a second in the spare wheel area, then it will show the engine code and the power (in KW)of the engine. That should allow you to determine if it is a genuine BiTDi

Reactions: vdk
But if the engine is changed, those stickers won't be valid anymore. Is there a way to check the engine code via instrument cluster or multimedia?

There are 3 areas you can check.

1) the big air inlet rubber tube from the inter cooler has Bi Turbo printed on it. (Front near side at the top)

2) pull the plastic cover off the top of the engine and you should see both turbo chargers. One sits at the back of the V and the other behind it lower down on top of the gearbox bell housing.

3) Shine a torch down the rear exhaust pipes. They both should have the circular pipe split vertically into 2 semi circles where the active exhaust sound is injected.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: vdk
I have another question related to the car. How can I check if the car has DPF or EGR, since I know thay can be removed via software and I've also heard that people physically remove the DPF and sell it since it's not cheap?

I have another question related to the car. How can I check if the car has DPF or EGR, since I know thay can be removed via software and I've also heard that people physically remove the DPF and sell it since it's not cheap?
You can ask the seller.