Audi a6 c7 connect to phone hotspot

vdk

Reaction score
Is there a way for my audi a6 c7 to connect to my phone's hotspot so it has internet for the google earth maps?

If you have a pre-facelift car and a phone that supports rSAP (some Androids and Blackberry but not iPhone) then it is possible, although you will also need the 3G+ Sat Nav to be able to utilise a data connection, the RMC system does not utilise data. If your car is a facelift (2015 onwards) then I think the answer is no as these cars were shipped with a built in SIM negating (in Audi' opinion!) the need for an external mobile data connection although they still had a slot for a third party SIM. Audi for some reason did not allow hot spotting of the car to the phone, although you can hotspot the phone to the car.

Google earth maps have been dropped by Audi on the C7 C7.5. It is not data you're short of, it's a software setting that Audi didn't want to update/pay for etc. It works in other platforms, but it was intermittent for a while and now does not work, along with live traffic data. Presumably that's the issue you're experiencing?