First Service Costs

Clubsport S

Reaction score
Been quoted approx £570 for first service from a dealer. Would appreciate knowing the dealer first service costs others have paid and which dealer did the service. Having some examples from other dealers should hopefully help me negotiate some sort of reduction.

• Wow
Reactions: kayemill and Daggerit
Been quoted approx £570 for first service from a dealer. Would appreciate knowing the dealer first service costs others have paid and which dealer did the service. Having some examples from other dealers should hopefully help me negotiate some sort of reduction.
Jesus! I can't say I've asked yet but I'm on a service plan for £20 a month for the first two services which works out cheaper for two services than they've quoted for your first service alone. Mental price.

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x, Clubsport S and 1 other person
Jesus! I can't say I've asked yet but I'm on a service plan for £20 a month for the first two services which works out cheaper for two services than they've quoted for your first service alone. Mental price.
Good to know what the service plan costs are. I was offered all sorts of extras at purchase. Just looked back and service plan is at the bottom of the list and is the only one without a price next to it.

Reactions: Daggerit
Good to know what the service plan costs are. I was offered all sorts of extras at purchase. Just looked back and service plan is at the bottom of the list and is the only one without a price next to it.
I'll add though, I got that as a deal during some event they had on. I think that it's usually something like £26 a month or so.

Reactions: Clubsport S
I'll add though, I got that as a deal during some event they had on. I think that it's usually something like £26 a month or so.
Thanks that's really helpful. Will be interested to hear what others have paid for the first service or a plan.

I was £360 for first service. That was Glasgow Audi.

Wife's RSQ3 is £16 a month ;)

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Inchcape £367 + 9.99 old oil disposal

Sardine £346

Involves an oil & Filter change plus free Audi Cam evaluation of how a practically new car will have 50% worn tyres / brakes etc lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???, Clubsport S and Daggerit
I’m on a service plan for the first two as well and it’s £14.78. Just as a side, how many changed the oil after the run in period and did you do that via a main dealer of independent? I’m just about to hit 1000 miles and think an oil and filter refresh would be a good idea.

I’m on a service plan for the first two as well and it’s £14.78. Just as a side, how many changed the oil after the run in period and did you do that via a main dealer of independent? I’m just about to hit 1000 miles and think an oil and filter refresh would be a good idea.

Did it myself at 5K

Reactions: Kevmoz
Did it myself at 5K

I was going to do the same but no-one could tell me what the actual oil to use was. I know the normal specs and had the grade but even when I phoned Audi technical they couldn't confirm which one to use. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Kevmoz
Did it myself at 5K

Is there any benefit in doing it earlier or leaving it a bit longer? I think my car is on longlife service but wouldn’t want to leave it to 20,000 before I have it done. I’d more than likely doing it at 12 months anyway as i don’t do that many miles per year anymore.

Is there any benefit in doing it earlier or leaving it a bit longer? I think my car is on longlife service but wouldn’t want to leave it to 20,000 before I have it done. I’d more than likely doing it at 12 months anyway as i don’t do that many miles per year anymore.

Piece of my mind

4628dddd35267e7b72eebb57ac398a51.jpg

Reactions: RS03??? and Kevmoz
Thanks that's really helpful. Will be interested to hear what others have paid for the first service or a plan.

15.19 a month for 36 months… first THREE services. I do think they made a mistake somehow but I’ve got it in writing!

Reactions: Clubsport S, Daggerit and Kevmoz
Just had mine in Saturday £305 at highland Audi

Are you all going with what the car says it wants for servicing? or booking it in at 12 months?

Are you all going with what the car says it wants for servicing? or booking it in at 12 months?

Mine was set to 18 months for its first service.
However my mileage in its first year was low so I did it at 12 months myself and will now pay the dealer to do it again tomorrow.

Sounds like a varied set of pricing.
Collect tomorrow and been asked to consider the service plan for 2 services @ £791.85 or £32.99 a month over 24

sounds very unreasonable??

Sounds like a varied set of pricing.
Collect tomorrow and been asked to consider the service plan for 2 services @ £791.85 or £32.99 a month over 24

sounds very unreasonable??
I paid £339 for 1st oil change

Was quoted £425 for second oil change inspection

Reactions: Gazjs
I was offered and accepted my quote from my dealer for two services at £14.xx a month. I did check to make sure that included the R/S and 2.5l engine and was assured it was. There was a deal on at the time and maybe they gave me a discount because of the waiting time, which I know is less than some of you.

Reactions: Gazjs and doncarlyon
I also went with the service plan deal. Never had a service plan before.

£14.78 per month for 36months which seemed a no brainier.

Mine is in this week. Got a reduction but best I could get from local dealer was £485.

Service plan seems like the best way to go, especially at pricings above given. Am going to check that out.

Many thanks to all who posted with info :icon thumright:

Audi had an offer on last summer for the first two servicing on the RS3 which was £24.74 a month for the two years. I got my car around the same time from Highland Audi and took the scheme.

Audi had an offer on last summer for the first two servicing on the RS3 which was £24.74 a month for the two years. I got my car around the same time from Highland Audi and took the scheme.
You in Inverness? Seen a kemora go past a couple of times apart from a green one it's the only other 8y I've spied up here

You in Inverness? Seen a kemora go past a couple of times apart from a green one it's the only other 8y I've spied up here
I'm in Inverness and the only other 8Y I've seen up here is the black launch edition demo car Highland Audi had.

Reactions: kayemill and Rhurs
I'm in Inverness and the only other 8Y I've seen up here is the black launch edition demo car Highland Audi had.
Probably yours I've seen a couple of times heading towards the canal if you spot a tango red it'll be me

Reactions: kayemill
No up in Thurso I got my car last June from Highland Audi. There are three in Thurso as far as I know.

Reactions: Rhurs
It's a hatchback and I thought it was the only tango red hatch in the area. How wrong was I?
I'd spied it when I was heading towards Inverness just seen the front end was actually kinda strange seeing a tango coming the other direction

Reactions: Effects72
Picking up my RS3 tomorrow, is it worth doing an oil drop/filter after 1,000 miles?
Did mine at 1K self, using Audi filter and recommended Shell Helix Ultra Professional Av-L 0W-30 of oil.

Reactions: MattS91 and NevMan
Picking up my RS3 tomorrow, is it worth doing an oil drop/filter after 1,000 miles?
I once did this on my new Golf R in 2015. I was working in a lab at the time and flushed the oil filter contents through an ashless paper and then burnt it all away in a muffle oven to determine the metal detritus (weight before and after for platinum crucible) captured...87mg. I really wouldn't bother. Do it at 10k/annually.

Reactions: Frankel and Mr Freeze