Audi A4 2.0 tdi B8 fuel information

Steve c67

Reaction score
Fuel gauge not giving correct information or no information at all needle moves when I fill right up but doesn’t give correct reading and no miles left information is ‘0’ I’ve just had garage replace in tank sender pump thing to no avail any suggestions please needle only seems to move when I fill up see image what has been fitted thanks IMG 4113

Is it a quattro?

Reactions: Steve c67
The one you replaced is the fuel level sensor under the seat, there is also another one in the boot under a metal cover under the false floor its sealed with RTV, that's the one the usually tends to fail.

Reactions: Steve c67, spartacus 68 and NHN
The one you replaced is the fuel level sensor under the seat, there is also another one in the boot under a metal cover under the false floor its sealed with RTV, that's the one the usually tends to fail.
Thanks so very much for your help sorry for being a nuisance but what is RTV I will be getting the part but garage will fit it can I purchase just the level sensor separately from housing or does it come as one many thanks

If it a quattro, there will be one either side of the prop shaft, so basically 2 lift pumps on most Audi's, so maybe they didn't check the other, but also check what jargen stated as that's new to me, didn't know it has another in the rear.

Reactions: Steve c67
If it a quattro, there will be one either side of the prop shaft, so basically 2 lift pumps on most Audi's, so maybe they didn't check the other, but also check what jargen stated as that's new to me, didn't know it has another in the rear.
Hi I didn’t know there was at the back of tank either but there you go I’ve ordered the new level sensor now but with holidays I’m unsure when I can get garage to fit I’m sure this has to fix the problem I will post when results are in

Hi I didn’t know there was at the back of tank either but there you go I’ve ordered the new level sensor now but with holidays I’m unsure when I can get garage to fit I’m sure this has to fix the problem I will post when results are in
Hi been to garage this morning only to be told there is no service holes to get to fuel tank float other than the one under the back seat driver side so garage is unsure if there’s another one or not they said if there is one they would have to remove fuel tank meaning drive shafts exhaust etc any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi been to garage this morning only to be told there is no service holes to get to fuel tank float other than the one under the back seat driver side so garage is unsure if there’s another one or not they said if there is one they would have to remove fuel tank meaning drive shafts exhaust etc any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi would this be located below tool tray and if so how do you remove tool tray thank you