What is this intake connector?

• Thread starter Deleted member 176786
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 176786

I'm trying to do an open intake, but a strange connector is connected.
What are the blue and red circles?
A3 8P 2009 CBFA 2.0 TFSI
InkedKakaoTalk 20230515 182405062

Last edited by a moderator:
Red circle - secondary air pump
Blue - if the pipe on top, that's PCV recirculation, if the nib below it, isn't that just a blank? Keep in mind the parts and blocks are shared in multiple cars in the whole VAG (Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda) and it may not be used on the A3 but could be used on other car (eg. A4 quattro with longitudinal engine etc.).

I have the engine workshop manuals so can check later

Red circle - secondary air pump
Blue - if the pipe on top, that's PCV recirculation, if the nib below it, isn't that just a blank? Keep in mind the parts and blocks are shared in multiple cars in the whole VAG (Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda) and it may not be used on the A3 but could be used on other car (eg. A4 quattro with longitudinal engine etc.).

I have the engine workshop manuals so can check later
How should I handle the secondary air pump when install an open filter intake?
There are no electronic connectors visible on the open filter intake.

How should I handle the secondary air pump when install an open filter intake?
There are no electronic connectors visible on the open filter intake.
With a breather filter. I'm on mobile so challenging to post links and pics. Google for "breather pipe filter" or "mini breather filter"

With a breather filter. I'm on mobile so challenging to post links and pics. Google for "breather pipe filter" or "mini breather filter"
Are hazardous substances coming out of the PCV valve in the blue circle?
Is this valve originally connected to the intake?
I don't want to breathe harmful gases.

I've searched, but it seems that the breather pipe filter refers to a way to send harmful gases from the pcv valve to the engine room without sending them back to the intake. My PCV valve (circled in blue) has no connections anywhere, not even a filter. <I want to send these back to the intake because I don't want to breathe the blowby gas from the pcv valve>
And where should I connect the air pump (circled in red) when installing an open filter air intake?

I've searched, but it seems that the breather pipe filter refers to a way to send harmful gases from the pcv valve to the engine room without sending them back to the intake. My PCV valve (circled in blue) has no connections anywhere, not even a filter. <I want to send these back to the intake because I don't want to breathe the blowby gas from the pcv valve>
And where should I connect the air pump (circled in red) when installing an open filter air intake?
I'm at work. I'll Reply later with schematics Etc..
Yes, your pcv is connected to internal breather, from there connected to the intake manifold, it does not need filter since it circulates back into the engine so any gases are burned.
Your red circle was routed back to intake pre turbo on the ea113, I suppose you could route it like it was on ea113, but wait till I or someone else posts the workshop manual.

Reactions: Deleted member 176786
So, I did read up and research . Interestingly the workshop manual doesn't have schematics for it but mentions the secondary air pump on CBFA. My initial assumption that it's breather recirc was wrong, since it's secondary air pump inlet there will be no harmful gases/oil evaporation. But it still needs the little filter because it's on clean side of main filter.
The waste must be drained by some means. This is certain.
Drain is on the bottom of the air box, on the dirty side of filter