3.0 tdi won't start

Djari

Reaction score
Hello guys, i have a problem with my Audi A6 C6, 3.0 TDI 2005 year.

All turns over well but no attempt to fire up.

Is it possible to injectors make a problem?

Fuel pump checked, fuel filter changed.

Икона Потврдила је заједница

It could be the crankshaft position sensor that’s playing up, if that goes the car will not start..
The mechanic says it can't be a problem. I wonder if a couple of defective injectors can cause a problem? Note, when the car is started with the start spray, it works perfectly, no smoke, no rattling. Turns normal. It takes gas very well. The car drives normally without any problems, but when it turns off, it won't start without the start spray.

Last edited:
The mechanic says it can't be a problem. I wonder if a couple of defective injectors can cause a problem? Note, when the car is started with the start spray, it works perfectly, no smoke, no rattling. Turns normal. It takes gas very well. The car drives normally without any problems, but when it turns off, it won't start without the start spray.
Ah ok, I thought it wouldn’t start at all. I would suggest you start looking at the fuel filters and while you do that look at the fuel pressure. If you can get hold of VCDS you can check the function of your injectors yourself and not start the parts swapping marathon. Did your mechanic mention any fault codes?

Ah ok, I thought it wouldn’t start at all. I would suggest you start looking at the fuel filters and while you do that look at the fuel pressure. If you can get hold of VCDS you can check the function of your injectors yourself and not start the parts swapping marathon. Did your mechanic mention any fault codes?
The fuel filter was replaced, and the fuel pump works great, tested.

About codes,

P2011. P2008, P333, P3243

But there are no error codes on VCDS. These above codes are from "simple" diagnostics.