Coding Tools

Daniel92

Reaction score
Whats everyone using to do coding on their A6s. Kind of new to it, looked at OBDeleven and carista, just wondered what people are using and if they have any preferences. OBDeleven seems to be pretty expensive.

Depends a bit on the age of your car. The early C8s that used MIB-2 can be programmed with a variety of tools such as OBD11, Carista (Limited), VCDS or through the purchase of dongles from Kufatec, but the switch to MIB-3 saw Audi also lock down what could be done in term of enabling functions such as Traffic Sign Recognition, presumably as Audi hoped to derive revenues for this additional functionality through the built in Store (sadly not activated in the UK). Sarah1331 on here has been able to activate a number of functions even on MIB-3 cars using VCP (https://vcpsystem.com), so would suggest looking at that as an option

Depends a bit on the age of your car. The early C8s that used MIB-2 can be programmed with a variety of tools such as OBD11, Carista (Limited), VCDS or through the purchase of dongles from Kufatec, but the switch to MIB-3 saw Audi also lock down what could be done in term of enabling functions such as Traffic Sign Recognition, presumably as Audi hoped to derive revenues for this additional functionality through the built in Store (sadly not activated in the UK). Sarah1331 on here has been able to activate a number of functions even on MIB-3 cars using VCP (https://vcpsystem.com), so would suggest looking at that as an option
Thanks for the info. My cars a 22 plate avant so i assume it would be the MIB-3?

Whats everyone using to do coding on their A6s. Kind of new to it, looked at OBDeleven and carista, just wondered what people are using and if they have any preferences. OBDeleven seems to be pretty expensive.
I’ve made all kinds of changes using ODB11. The “built in” apps are great, because all you have to do is enable that feature and you don’t have to do any coding or anything like that.
I think I’m using anywhere from 10-15 “apps”/changes using the ODB tool.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 83