Doing DSG service, how much fluid should be coming out?

kamikaze

Reaction score
I'm doing the service on my 2018 S3 with the 7 speed dsg and when trying to set the fluid level I'm getting like 2l coming back out. I just drained it back in to the pump I used to put it in there so I could save it in case something went wrong and I think it's a little too much coming out. Car is level as far as I can tell. I put 6l in there as per the instructions to begin with.

Assuming you used the correct tool to fill, is it the same as others, unscrew the plastic inner to empty the box, refit tube & refill, you got it upto temp beforehand?

Yeah I put the plastic tube back in and a fill tool threaded in to the outer plug hole. Pumped the fluid in and checked the temp which to my surprise was a little high at 48deg. I assume the fluid soaked up some of the residual heat in the trans/engine from driving it to the place I'm working on it.

Are u filled it by litres? and did you lift car on ramp and turn engine on and selected gear and released brake and left spinning at last 2 litres? The fluid needs to spread so u need to select gear ..
I'm using a drive on lift so I can run the car but can't drive it.

I've covered the S3 MY17> DQ381 7-speed oil+filter change in my diary and included fluid volumes, have a ready here and you will require a diag tool to know the DSG/S-Tronic oil temp when setting the oil level.