N75 valve question after EGR removal and simplification on 2009 2.0 TDIe CR CAGB

rev

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a cheap Audi A6 Avant 2.0 TDIe CR a few months ago and it's been modded and still trying to work out exactly what is going on with it in terms of mods.

I needed something economical in a rush so skimmed past changes when picking it up (it was sold as standard - my mistake as never had one of these but have to admit I'm enjoying it when it works - it's got potential!)

So far I've confirmed:

Ram air induction kit (needs all intake piping replacing and looking to go with something a bit quieter, no room for factory airbox unfortunately).
Turbo change to Garret GTB2056VL and relocation
Turbo actuator conversion to vacuum
EGR deleted & simplification (ie a lot of the system has been removed)
DPF is assumed to have been drilled or gutted (not physically confirmed)
Straight through custom exhaust system from DPF back (I've got a factory exhaust sat here in case needed)
Garage reported a high pressure fuel pump is fitted

It has a problem boosting, it was driving like a car possessed when I first picked it up and really loud turbo whine, so I've had a local turbo refurb company take it off and redo and they found the actuator was the wrong way around (ie pushing instead of pulling or vice versa). That probably explains why it was kicking in so hard as the vanes would be fully open. They flipped the actuator 180 and it seems to be much more progressive again since.

I found that sometimes when starting the car you would have no turbo at all, sometimes it would be fine and other times would cut out with a P0299 underboost error in VCDS (still potentially an issue with intercooler or boost piping, I haven't had that checked yet).

I'm just trying to work out what state it should be in after EGR removal and replaced all the vacuum pipes from where it comes out the engine side of the bulkhead brake booster to the actuator.

I've replaced the non-return valve with a new genuine part, along with the fitted solenoid which was 1K0 906 283 A which has input from the above non-return valve and output vacuum pipe to the turbo actuator.

I've read lots of posts of people with underboost issues with the N75 solenoid being the cause, and looking at ETKA and ELSA I see that factory would have had 8K0 906 627 fitted but I can't see that on the car and noticed that in all the VCDS errors it seems to report the error at the same percentage so guessing it's been taken out the loop some how.

Do any of you have a similar setup with the system simplified after EGR removal and could confirm which solenoid you're running please?

I think the car needs to spend some time with a good tuner to get properly sorted but just trying to rule out something silly before I spend a chunk getting it sorted - some of the work on the car seems to be self done on the cheap and needs improvement.

I've tried getting hold of the previous owner but they're ignoring all emails so I'm on my own with this one!

Thanks in advance

Last edited: