Are we sure.....

rngDeadeye

Reaction score
Are we sure these things are only 400bhp!?

I guess some of you have dyno'd yours in stock form, what figures are you getting?

It's 9 months since I sold my M4cp but I'm sure this is quicker! Specially once you get up to 6k.

I guess some of you have dyno'd yours in stock form, what figures are you getting?

It's 9 months since I sold my M4cp but I'm sure this is quicker! Specially once you get up to 6k.
The few dyno runs I've seen have been there or thereabouts to be honest. Never fully trust dyno figures because they can be fudged a bit sometimes, more for back to back with a tune on the same dyno or something rather than outright numbers.

They're no slouch, but I haven't owned anything with similar power recently enough to be able to compare it to with any certainty.

It could be less but still quicker. That is what most people seem to miss when getting cars tuned (and people tuning cars to those wanting willy-waving figures instead of an actually faster car)

It is all about area under the graph.

Same reason an EV with identical max figures will always be quicker off the line. Gets to the max figure quicker and maintains it longer.

Reactions: Basher (Peter)

Mine ran over on the dyno.

No interest for the company to fudge figures either as a bigger gain would be in their interest.

The dyno they used was an independent one too not their own. It also measures drivetrain loss on the way back down, so gives a truer figure. A lot of places just do wheel horsepower then do a standard % loss to estimate power at the crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rngDeadeye, Frankel and Daggerit

So it was exactly 9 months between my M2C too but got to say I didn’t think the 8Y was on quicker on the roll, of course off the mark its a different story.

So it was exactly 9 months between my M2C too but got to say I didn’t think the 8Y was on quicker on the roll, of course off the mark its a different story.

M2C is down 10% on the M4cp but to be fair, only cars I've driven since is my Teslarse which of course hurts from stand still and the S3 which is a wet wipe.

I'm also gauging the speed at particular places where I know I could get to in the M4cp.

It's such a cool car.

No interest for the company to fudge figures either as a bigger gain would be in their interest.

The dyno they used was an independent one too not their own. It also measures drivetrain loss on the way back down, so gives a truer figure. A lot of places just do wheel horsepower then do a standard % loss to estimate power at the crank.

So 20bhp over on power and 33Nm over on Torque. Pretty strong!

Reactions: Daggerit
M2C is down 10% on the M4cp but to be fair, only cars I've driven since is my Teslarse which of course hurts from stand still and the S3 which is a wet wipe.

I'm also gauging the speed at particular places where I know I could get to in the M4cp.

It's such a cool car.

Ah my eyes read M4 but my brain said M2 lol

This was done at the performance centre wasn't it? great place. I've used them in the past to map my s3 and they fitted my eventuri intake and elbow month back. Was supposed to get it dyno'd but ran out of time.

This was done at the performance centre wasn't it? great place. I've used them in the past to map my s3 and they fitted my eventuri intake and elbow month back. Was supposed to get it dyno'd but ran out of time.

Yes it was, good lads down there my brother and step dad have both had cars mapped by them. I’ll be taking my JCW there too. I saw the post where they fitted your intake.

Guessing you got your motor from PM car sales?! Saw it in and recognise the splitter, looked mint!

Edit: second thought not sure it was the same car, either way looks good lol.

Yes it was, good lads down there my brother and step dad have both had cars mapped by them. I’ll be taking my JCW there too. I saw the post where they fitted your intake.

Guessing you got your motor from PM car sales?! Saw it in and recognise the splitter, looked mint!

Edit: second thought not sure it was the same car, either way looks good lol.

No wasn't mine, I got my car from Teesside Audi, ordered in Nov 21, collected Dec 22. Yeah they didn't take a photo of my car for their page, just the intake. Mines daytona but I've got full Maxton and lots of yellow touches, badges, calipers, seat belts and lined mats and yellow quattro gel sticker at front etc I got a chameleon just round the corner from performance centre in the same estate, can't think of the name but they did a great job, you can barely see I've got one as I wanted it close to factory, bluey.