Auto Lock Issue

coupa

Reaction score
Got a strange issue with the Auto-lock on the doors. Usually when you set off above 10mph the door auto-lock on initial start, however mine are auto-locking every time I exceed 10mph.

I did replace the rear passenger door lock module as the previous one was faulty, but the new fault developed strangly. I tried checking for faults, but couldn't find anything in particular. Tho I have a intermitent '00470 Combination Comfort Databus In Single Wire', that was always prominent, just hadn't had the chance to check the canbus wires on each door looms.

Are they related?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Got a strange issue with the Auto-lock on the doors. Usually when you set off above 10mph the door auto-lock on initial start, however mine are auto-locking every time I exceed 10mph.

I did replace the rear passenger door lock module as the previous one was faulty, but the new fault developed strangly. I tried checking for faults, but couldn't find anything in particular. Tho I have a intermitent '00470 Combination Comfort Databus In Single Wire', that was always prominent, just hadn't had the chance to check the canbus wires on each door looms.

Are they related?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

Mine does it every time too, always has and the girlfriends dose too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not noticing an issue tbh, if you unlock the door whilst cars running, it will relock above 15kmh, that sounds normal to me.

Reactions: Abi
Mine does it every time too, always has and the girlfriends dose too

Not noticing an issue tbh, if you unlock the door whilst cars running, it will relock above 15kmh, that sounds normal to me.

Sorry I should've clarified it a bit more. I meant on a single drive (without turning ignition off/unlocking car) and just go above 10-15mph the auto-lock kicks in. If this is normal behaviour, I didn't notice before as the central locking on the rear door has become quite loud when auto-lock kicks in every time.

Yeah it's coded to do so, so should do all the time regardless If you stop open door close & continue.

Reactions: coupa
Yep, perfectly normal

Reactions: coupa
Yeah it's coded to do so, so should do all the time regardless If you stop open door close & continue.
Yep, perfectly normal

Okay great thanks, I can rule that out then. Just need to figure out what the issue is with the rear left door, as the lock sound is obnoxiously loud.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804-152423.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804-152423.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31