Audi Service Plan worth it, just for the extra warranty? 6 year old car

sebtomato

Reaction score
Hi,

My Audi A3 1.5 TFSI S Tronic is almost 6 years old, but low mileage (33,000 miles). Maintenance has been done properly.

Audi is quoting £803 for 2 years of Service Plan (or £33.49 per month).

Currently, I spend:
  • £240 a year for oil service/MOT (done by Halford) = £480 over 2 years
  • £80 a year for road assistance = £160 over 2 years (I need home assistance, as well as Europe)
= £640 for 2 years

However, Audi Service Plan also includes 24 months of warranty.
It means I also get two years of warranty for £166 (or less than £7 a month), which seems to be really unbeatable value, particularly for a car more likely to get issues since older?

Am I missing something?

Yeah you missing that they will tell you ; Yeaah yeah have warranty .. but when u will be asking for claim they will tell you ; eeeem sorry this is not covered , eem sorry even this and that is not covered unfortunatelyy ... so no just do the same you did over 6 years...
But would that extended warranty be any different from the normal warranty? For instance, if I have an issue with the car electronics, driving assistance or the gearbox (expensive items), surely they would need to cover those?

Looking at third-party extended warranty, they seem to be £100+ a month, so £7 a month to get an Audi warranty for another 2 years seems a bargain.

If it’s the Audi all in plan it’s good value for money. I’m into my second year now and I’ve had no issues with warranty claim. First claim literally paid for the whole plan, had a coolant leak and thermostat/coolant pump needed replaced and that went through with no issues. Was quoted over a grand for the fix.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and sebtomato
If it’s the Audi all in plan it’s good value for money. I’m into my second year now and I’ve had no issues with warranty claim. First claim literally paid for the whole plan, had a coolant leak and thermostat/coolant pump needed replaced and that went through with no issues. Was quoted over a grand for the fix.
Yes, it's the "all in plan" over 24 months:
  • 2 Services
  • 2 MOTs
  • 2 years of AA road assistance
  • 23 months of warranty (since no claims can be made the first 30 days)
I think it's available for cars up to 6 years old, so it would be the perfect timing for me to buy now (my car will be two years old soon), and get two years warranty.

I think any warranty claim will more than pay for the cost.

I’ve got 2 of these plans - really good value for money + they allow you to pay monthly at no extra cost.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and sebtomato
Great value,if nothing goes wrong it's still worth the £29/month for service mot and aa cover...the warranty is a.huge bonus...pretty sure you can renew upto 100'000 miles..I could be wrong though

Reactions: sebtomato
Great value,if nothing goes wrong it's still worth the £29/month for service mot and aa cover...the warranty is a.huge bonus...pretty sure you can renew upto 100'000 miles..I could be wrong though
You can renew the regular service plan (service, MOTs) for cars up to 100,000 miles.

However, once the car is 6 years old, extended warranty and AA assistance is no longer included.

Warranty can be bought separately from Audi, again up to 100,000 miles.
I have checked, and if bought separately, extended warranty on its own would cost £64 a month, so a lot more expensive than when packaged in the "all in" service plan.

You can renew the regular service plan (service, MOTs) for cars up to 100,000 miles.

However, once the car is 6 years old, extended warranty and AA assistance is no longer included.

Warranty can be bought separately from Audi, again up to 100,000 miles.
I have checked, and if bought separately, extended warranty on its own would cost £64 a month, so a lot more expensive than when packaged in the "all in" service plan.
Typical...mines 5 years old soon,I'll not be purchasing it when renewal is due I that's the case

Typical...mines 5 years old soon,I'll not be purchasing it when renewal is due I that's the case
If your car is almost 5 years old, then you have another year to purchase the "all in" service plan, which will provide 24 (23) months of warranty from the time of purchase. It needs to be purchased before the car is 6.

If your car is almost 5 years old, then you have another year to purchase the "all in" service plan, which will provide 24 (23) months of warranty from the time of purchase. It needs to be purchased before the car is 6.
I've got it bur runs out in roughly 1 year..not sure on exact dates so I'll assume it can just carry on for another 2 years...luckily I've not had any bother since buying the car really,but I've only done 10k in the last few years...I do like the peace of mind of a good warranty

Does anyone know if this is a limited offer or something that they run all year round? Sounds like its the latter.

Does anyone know if this is a limited offer or something that they run all year round? Sounds like its the latter.
Runs all year round and the usually do a 20% -25% discount around Black Friday time

Reactions: sebtomato and jcs356
The price has only increased ~3% in 2 years, so taking into account inflation over that period is ~18%, you are already onto a winner.

Reactions: sebtomato and jcs356
A really helpful thread, thanks OP! I discovered it just as I was closing a deal on a car and I wasn't even aware this existed, so really good to know.

I'm just about to take ownership of a Q3 S LINE 35 TFSI MHEV S- and as it is Audi Approved Used, my understanding as per https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/used-cars/why-buy-approved.html is that it includes 1 year warranty, 1 year roadside assistance and the 150 point check it goes through would essentially be the same as a full service?

If my understanding is correct, it sounds like there would be no point in me activating the all-in service plan until the point of 12 months from taking delivery of the vehicle? The car will be 58 months old at the point of activating it if so, which will then give +2 years roadside assistance, 2 services and 2 years warranty from that point if I'm not wrong with how I interpret the program to work.

A really helpful thread, thanks OP! I discovered it just as I was closing a deal on a car and I wasn't even aware this existed, so really good to know.

I'm just about to take ownership of a Q3 S LINE 35 TFSI MHEV S- and as it is Audi Approved Used, my understanding as per https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/used-cars/why-buy-approved.html is that it includes 1 year warranty, 1 year roadside assistance and the 150 point check it goes through would essentially be the same as a full service?

If my understanding is correct, it sounds like there would be no point in me activating the all-in service plan until the point of 12 months from taking delivery of the vehicle? The car will be 58 months old at the point of activating it if so, which will then give +2 years roadside assistance, 2 services and 2 years warranty from that point if I'm not wrong with how I interpret the program to work.
That’s correct plus you should get a couple of mot’s as well.

I got one for my tts as it was pretty good value .

Couple of things worth being aware of:

1- warranty is not as extensive as the one year one that comes with the car - there several exclusions / limits so it’s worth having a read to avoid any surprises in the event of having a claim

2 these plans get discounted a couple of times a year eg Black Friday 20% off so if you time the purchase correctly you can save a fair bit more

Reactions: Flashback
That’s correct plus you should get a couple of mot’s as well.

I got one for my tts as it was pretty good value .

Couple of things worth being aware of:

1- warranty is not as extensive as the one year one that comes with the car - there several exclusions / limits so it’s worth having a read to avoid any surprises in the event of having a claim

2 these plans get discounted a couple of times a year eg Black Friday 20% off so if you time the purchase correctly you can save a fair bit more
Excellent. We're taking delivery of the car this week, so I think a Black Friday sale would be a bit too early as there would be 5 months overlap on the existing cover. I noted the same on the coverage as well, although when you factor in it covers the servicing, MOTs etc. it feels like it's still good value.

I will be looking to renew my all in plan on my S3 soon as it should be coming to an end .
Not 100% sure it can be renewed on a car that has just turned 5 year old .

I would be looking at change cars now after 5 years of owning it but the APR's are crazy high .

I will be looking to renew my all in plan on my S3 soon as it should be coming to an end .
Not 100% sure it can be renewed on a car that has just turned 5 year old .

I would be looking at change cars now after 5 years of owning it but the APR's are crazy high .
I’ve been looking at this. Max is 6 years old but it’s unclear if that’s at the start of the activation or at the end of the 2 years term.
Mine will be exactly 6 years old when my all in warranty runs out.

I’ve been looking at this. Max is 6 years old but it’s unclear if that’s at the start of the activation or at the end of the 2 years term.
It’s based on the age of the car at the start of the plan, so max is 6 years or 72 months.

if your looking to extend but the dates don’t work you should consider ending the existing plan early and them start a new one. You may end up with a short period without cover but the upside would be you would be covered for a further 2 years. Worth giving Audi Financial Services a call to discuss your options

Reactions: AlS3BE
It’s based on the age of the car at the start of the plan, so max is 6 years or 72 months.

if your looking to extend but the dates don’t work you should consider ending the existing plan early and them start a new one. You may end up with a short period without cover but the upside would be you would be covered for a further 2 years. Worth giving Audi Financial Services a call to discuss your options
Might work out well for me.
Plan ends 31st July but but not 6 years old till a week later.

I'd get it sorted asap if you plan on keeping it .

I'd get it sorted asap if you plan on keeping it .
At the moment with zero commute and working from home the s3 went from my daily to getting used a few times a weeks to do errands. Mileage is around 40k so not much point in getting rid of it for now. With crazy car prices and crazy APR not much out there I fancy. Was offered a crappy trade in as well. Would like to think it’s worth £15-20k not a lot less than that. S3 BE with tech pack, folding mirrors, rear camera with FASH and warranty left.

At the moment with zero commute and working from home the s3 went from my daily to getting used a few times a weeks to do errands. Mileage is around 40k so not much point in getting rid of it for now. With crazy car prices and crazy APR not much out there I fancy. Was offered a crappy trade in as well. Would like to think it’s worth £15-20k not a lot less than that. S3 BE with tech pack, folding mirrors, rear camera with FASH and warranty left.
I would think its worth around £20k as it as low miles for its age . I got offered just shy of £22k for mine and its on 45k miles .
I have thought about changing a few time over the last 12 months but like you say the APR's and prices are stupidly high .
Been looking at Golf R 20 years of late but also interested to see what the new S3 / R look like .

I would think its worth around £20k as it as low miles for its age . I got offered just shy of £22k for mine and its on 45k miles .
I have thought about changing a few time over the last 12 months but like you say the APR's and prices are stupidly high .
Been looking at Golf R 20 years of late but also interested to see what the new S3 / R look like .
New s3 looks good from some of the articles and looks like it will have all the stuff from the golf r that was missing from launch.

Reactions: Mr Freeze