Interior light strip on rear door got rain on it

Gazza84

Reaction score
Hi, so a passenger left the window down when it was raining and rain got on the aluminium light strip on the rear door. The light strip looks different shades along the light now, watermarks probably. How is this piece of trim removed and replaced so I can try and wipe it or clean it and see if I can get it looking normal again.

Thanks

Hi, so a passenger left the window down when it was raining and rain got on the aluminium light strip on the rear door. The light strip looks different shades along the light now, watermarks probably. How is this piece of trim removed and replaced so I can try and wipe it or clean it and see if I can get it looking normal again.

Thanks
Three bolts from the back, so it'll probably be the whole door card off if you want to fully remove the light strip/trim insert.

Thanks. Would someone happen to have a parts breakdown of the rear door card?
Parts department said the light strip is £57.98, does anyone know if this is both the led light and aluminium casing?
I asked parts dept is that including the aluminium casing or just the led strip behind it and he said he couldn’t see the aluminium casing on the part list so thinks it may be part of the door card at £600+, or may be in with the light strip maybe?

Thanks. Would someone happen to have a parts breakdown of the rear door card?
Parts department said the light strip is £57.98, does anyone know if this is both the led light and aluminium casing?
I asked parts dept is that including the aluminium casing or just the led strip behind it and he said he couldn’t see the aluminium casing on the part list so thinks it may be part of the door card at £600+, or may be in with the light strip maybe?

Part number 14

Led strip will be inside it.
Part number 30 is the LED projector

Looks like a screw and a clip securing it in place.

3a35dca765130a85d4561032cfb7015d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cooperp and Gazza84
Thanks, don’t suppose you’d be able to take a photo/screenshot of the info on the right? Would this include prices?
I’m going to phone parts tomorrow to order something

Part number 14

Led strip will be inside it.
Part number 30 is the LED projector

Looks like a screw and a clip securing it in place.

3a35dca765130a85d4561032cfb7015d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HI, I'm new to the world of Audi:) whereabouts did you get this exploded view from please? I might be interested to have a browse though other parts of the car! Thanks, Peter

Paid access parts database so unless you subscribe you can’t view.

Reactions: Basher (Peter)