Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Remap (BFB)

Oatmeal

Discovered I just like symmetrical AWD
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and relatively new to Audi ownership. Something I am struggling with, is getting my A4 remapped.

I've phoned a few places and all of them say that they either have 1.8T remapping experience but can't do quattro OR they don't know enough about the 1.8T to remap.

I feel like I always seem to end up with obscure cars... my other car is a Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec B, support for that is hard to come by. I thought I was doing myself a favour buying an Audi as it's far more common in the UK.

I'm scratching my head a bit on this as I'm unsure where to go. I saw a few threads recommending Simon @ CCCTech but I see that the website is gone and I'm not sure this company still exists.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to travel a few hours from North Wales, but ideally I wouldn't be trekking to the ends of the UK, call it like 2-3 hours tops.

Cheers :pride:

Reactions: Rob Avant and Charlie Farley
Hi and welcome.
What sort of tune level is the car at now ?
If it’s factory then maybe worth looking at something like a pre programmed chip that can be fitted yourself and removed the same way.
A lot of guys slate them but if it’s a stock engine and you are just looking for a modest gain then we’ll worth looking at.

Reactions: Oatmeal and Rob Avant
something like this.

having tried their BUL version on my old bus just to compare it was very good.

Custom remapping is always preferable but sometimes not really viable so these are a very good compromise.

Also had a 2006 legacy spec B myself , a great bit of kit and super reliable cars.

Reactions: Oatmeal
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and relatively new to Audi ownership. Something I am struggling with, is getting my A4 remapped.

I've phoned a few places and all of them say that they either have 1.8T remapping experience but can't do quattro OR they don't know enough about the 1.8T to remap.

I feel like I always seem to end up with obscure cars... my other car is a Subaru Legacy 3.0 Spec B, support for that is hard to come by. I thought I was doing myself a favour buying an Audi as it's far more common in the UK.

I'm scratching my head a bit on this as I'm unsure where to go. I saw a few threads recommending Simon @ CCCTech but I see that the website is gone and I'm not sure this company still exists.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to travel a few hours from North Wales, but ideally I wouldn't be trekking to the ends of the UK, call it like 2-3 hours tops.

Cheers :pride:
Give Rick @ Unicorn a call, he’ll be able to sort you a decent map.

Reactions: Oatmeal and Charlie Farley
Hi and welcome.
What sort of tune level is the car at now ?
If it’s factory then maybe worth looking at something like a pre programmed chip that can be fitted yourself and removed the same way.
A lot of guys slate them but if it’s a stock engine and you are just looking for a modest gain then we’ll worth looking at.
Hello,

It's bone stock aside from a pipercross filter. I was hoping to get r-tech to map it but they can't do it on a quattro.

So one of the things I was hoping to achieve was the best performance I could get reliably from it. For as much as I absolutely adore the Subaru I appear to enjoy it a tad too much... My wallet is taking an absolute beating with current fuel prices. I work from home more often So after getting the A4 mapped I was going to toss up whether I could enjoy it as much as the Subaru and if so, consider selling the Subaru onwards.

Obviously it won't have the same power, but with a turbo it'll pull harder, sooner. The Subaru only really f'cks off when you're beating on it past 4k.

So, in an ideal word, 200hp is where I would like to see it at, but 'area under the graph and all that' ~190 is probably sufficient if done well.

Cheers

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Hello,

It's bone stock aside from a pipercross filter. I was hoping to get r-tech to map it but they can't do it on a quattro.

So one of the things I was hoping to achieve was the best performance I could get reliably from it. For as much as I absolutely adore the Subaru I appear to enjoy it a tad too much... My wallet is taking an absolute beating with current fuel prices. I work from home more often So after getting the A4 mapped I was going to toss up whether I could enjoy it as much as the Subaru and if so, consider selling the Subaru onwards.

Obviously it won't have the same power, but with a turbo it'll pull harder, sooner. The Subaru only really f'cks off when you're beating on it past 4k.

So, in an ideal word, 200hp is where I would like to see it at, but 'area under the graph and all that' ~190 is probably sufficient if done well.

Cheers
You will find that a fair few places can do the remap but don't have the kit to run it on quattro's.

Reactions: Oatmeal
A few years back I had a proper carbon clean at R Tech, nice bunch of people. I spoke to Niki about mapping my car, also permanent quattro, he said he doesn’t normally do it but could take the car for a week and map it on the road (instead of the rollers) If I were local to them, I probably would’ve taken him up on the offer.

Decided to go to and see Rick @ Unicorn in Stockport, mainly based on all the good things I’d heard about him on here. Again not on the doorstep for me but well worth the journey. He’s got a 4WD rolling road and years of experience tuning all things VAG. Definitely worth a call to see what’s possible

Rick at Unicorn did a great job of remapping my 225 Mk1 TT a few years ago but he doesn't do the 1.8T's anymore. Too many cars turning up with too many issues. For the distance you want to travel I would recommend Performance Torque. They are very good and was big in the 1.8T tuning community. He still does 1.8T cars and has a 4WD dyno.
https://www.facebook.com/ptorque/

Rick at Unicorn did a great job of remapping my 225 Mk1 TT a few years ago but he doesn't do the 1.8T's anymore. Too many cars turning up with too many issues. For the distance you want to travel I would recommend Performance Torque. They are very good and was big in the 1.8T tuning community. He still does 1.8T cars and has a 4WD dyno.
https://www.facebook.com/ptorque/

View attachment 270610
Ahh, damn. It's a shame too because this is probably the cleanest and most well maintained example I've ever seen! Had it off the road throughout the summer and I've done every possible check to it and there's just nothing that needs doing to it. Not even a spot of rust :glee:I think the previous owner must've had it garaged. It's done 35,000 miles.

Well I've sent PTorque a message too. Hopefully someone comes back to me. Not looking to get it booked in till November so I've got some time at least to find someone.

So just for visibility for anyone else interested.

R-Tech: Can't Map Quattros, do map 1.8T
MRC Tuning: Don't map 1.8T, can do quattro
Unicorn: No response yet, doesn't sound like they do 1.8T anymore tho...
JBS: No longer offer 1.8T maps, can do quattro
PTorque: Offer remaps on the 1.8T Quattro :glee:
Badger5: No response yet

Will update once I get more responses, so far, looking like it's going to be PTorque

So just for visibility for anyone else interested.

R-Tech: Can't Map Quattros, do map 1.8T
MRC Tuning: Don't map 1.8T, can do quattro
Unicorn: No response yet, doesn't sound like they do 1.8T anymore tho...
JBS: No longer offer 1.8T maps, can do quattro
PTorque: Offer remaps on the 1.8T Quattro :glee:
Badger5: No response yet

Will update once I get more responses, so far, looking like it's going to be PTorque
I cannot seem to locate the edit button... So Badger5 have come back to, they will also offer remaps on a 1.8T A4 Quattro, a tad more expensive than PTorque though. Interested to see whether they will have any quick bolt on mods that can improve power on the day. I know they make 1.8T TIP, not sure for the longtidudinal tho.