Pre-sense fault?

Statiker

Reaction score
I had an unexpected message pop up today on the driver display. It was along the lines of ‘pre sense is not functioning due to the current surroundings’ and a small yellow circle with a car and ! appeared. It happened twice. First time driving through town and then about a hour later on a country road. In both cases the yellow car symbol disappeared after about fifteen minutes. it was raining on both occasions. Could the rain confuse the sensors? Anyone else had this?

Could just be the radar sensor on front bumper was impaired by the rain, or had dirt on it. Had it a few times, and usually happens the most in winter when roads and car is filthy

I find it strange, and disappointing, that Audi could design and sell a safety system that may not work fully in adverse weather conditions when you may need it the most. So much for 'Vorsprung durch Technik', perhaps they should add 'nur in sonnig wetter'. Not functioning fully in rain or snow could be an issue for me here in Scotland.

I had an unexpected message pop up today on the driver display. It was along the lines of ‘pre sense is not functioning due to the current surroundings’ and a small yellow circle with a car and ! appeared. It happened twice. First time driving through town and then about a hour later on a country road. In both cases the yellow car symbol disappeared after about fifteen minutes. it was raining on both occasions. Could the rain confuse the sensors? Anyone else had this?
Had the same. I also have 360 cameras not working more than they work and poor visibility warning come up when its clear

How does pre sense actually work? Does it just scan things on the left side? As surely when you go past an oncoming car it would always go off lol?

I find it strange, and disappointing, that Audi could design and sell a safety system that may not work fully in adverse weather conditions when you may need it the most. So much for 'Vorsprung durch Technik', perhaps they should add 'nur in sonnig wetter'. Not functioning fully in rain or snow could be an issue for me here in Scotland.
It's all about safety and risk.

Just like why a commercial aircraft's autoland system cannot be used in strong crosswinds and turbulent conditions. Revert to manual!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: AdamInKent
Had the same. I also have 360 cameras not working more than they work and poor visibility warning come up when its clear
The poor visibility warning will be because another driver with CAR2X who’s ahead of you has switched on their fog lights. (You can tell it is a CAR2X message by the little radio attends signal in the top right of the message pane.)

Reactions: Paulie69
Yes - sometimes this happens if the sensor on the windscreen is obscured - I have had it when the screen is dirty or heavy rain

Must have been a weekednd for this. Ours did this as well. Couldnt see anything wrong . Couple of dead flies on the sensor at the fron but that was it. Though it was noticabley colder this morning so might have been a temperature blip..Cleared itself after about 2 miles