Rear passenger door on S3 2009 plate won't unlock from inside or out.

missviper

Reaction score
My S3 rear passenger will not open. It's been to two places now and no avail. I've been told it's potentially the door module and it's 500 to get it fixed. There is a but,... if they break the door card whilst they try and take it off due to the door not opening. It may have an additional cost of over 600 for the new door card.

Anyone else had this issue??

Also I have red leather interior on the door card

Does this leather trim pop off or not??
Or is anyone selling a rear passenger red leather s3 door card ?

Because I could buy a second hand black door card and place the original red leather trim on .... please help??

No but then you can get to the door lock and break it and the door will open

Reactions: missviper
We'll I can't do it for mega cheap but I can fix it one way or another.

Ping me a WhatsApp to discuss.

Done this repair many times, sometimes can get card or without damage or minor damage repairable, depends tbh.

strange that the inside lever does not work to unlock. new door card very likely unless you dont care about the bottom screw hold. door lock mechanism cheap on ebay as is wiring if needed. BTW that price you were quoted is pretty high and door cards are cheap on ebay as well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2648268914...PXIP3AyD+SEXu+rz+PZL40Aek=|tkp:Bk9SR_D8iuriYg

looks like 100 quid and your labor

strange that the inside lever does not work to unlock. new door card very likely unless you dont care about the bottom screw hold. door lock mechanism cheap on ebay as is wiring if needed. BTW that price you were quoted is pretty high and door cards are cheap on ebay as well. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2648268914...PXIP3AyD+SEXu+rz+PZL40Aek=|tkp:Bk9SR_D8iuriYg

looks like 100 quid and your

Seen door card for only 50 on ebay issue is they are not red leather lining and are all black ones.

Before you try anything else, a tip is to try repeatedly thumping the inside of the door with the side of your fist as close to the lock as possible whilst a friend tries to unlock with the remote plus operating the exterior and interior door handle repeatedly.
We have lots of experience with this issue on Mk 4 Golfs and you may be lucky in that all of a sudden it pops open. Also, don’t buy a cheap lock as it will go wrong again. Far better to buy a genuine 2nd hand one.

Before you try anything else, a tip is to try repeatedly thumping the inside of the door with the side of your fist as close to the lock as possible whilst a friend tries to unlock with the remote plus operating the exterior and interior door handle repeatedly.

We have lots of experience with this issue on Mk 4 Golfs and you may be lucky in that all of a sudden it pops open. Also, don’t buy a cheap lock as it will go wrong again. Far better to buy a genuine 2nd hand one.

I believe the garage already tried without any luck.Though will try myself.

just a suggestion but why dont you take the other passenger door shell off and then you will understand that the door handles and such are interchangable