12.5mm front/15mm rear spacers: need for mudguards or ppf?

Luca79

Reaction score
I have seen several cases of side skirts and fenders damaged by rock debris when spacers are used.
How’s the 8Y in this regard, are you doing anything to protect when running the typical 12.5/15mm setup?
Thanks

I have seen several cases of side skirts and fenders damaged by rock debris when spacers are used.
How’s the 8Y in this regard, are you doing anything to protect when running the typical 12.5/15mm setup?
Thanks
I have the AP Design carbon mudguards on mine and I would say it's a must with the spacers on otherwise they will just attack the side of your car with stones and things from the road. Even with them on I've heard a couple that have made me cringe. PPF would be a good option in addition to the mudflaps if you're picky about your paint and can afford it.

I have the AP Design carbon mudguards on mine and I would say it's a must with the spacers on otherwise they will just attack the side of your car with stones and things from the road. Even with them on I've heard a couple that have made me cringe. PPF would be a good option in addition to the mudflaps if you're picky about your paint and can afford it.
Good to hear, thank you.
How do the AP mud flaps blend with the look of the car? Look clean and unnoticeable or a bit intrusive?

Good to hear, thank you.
How do the AP mud flaps blend with the look of the car? Look clean and unnoticeable or a bit intrusive?
I think they look good, I was unsure when I looked at pictures prior to buying but when you see them in person they don't look out of place.

I’ve got the AP Design on the front of mine and nothing on the rear. I have to say I wish I’d bought both as the rears wheels do cover the rear bumper. I’ve had it ceramic coated and all is fine at the moment but I do worry!

Reactions: Daggerit