B7 owner for the past 8 years and only just joining ‍♂️

KurtD80

Reaction score
Just a quick hello to the b7 community. 3.0 tdi quattro driver in search for a piano black interior trim. Any knocking about? Cars getting a total refresh after marriage restricted mods. Now divorced it’s already sporting b6 recaro, engine overhaul at darkside

Attachments

• F7918FA5-056A-4568-B821-757B7AEA2900.jpeg
    F7918FA5-056A-4568-B821-757B7AEA2900.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
Reactions: boffin486, Sandra, Rob Avant and 1 other person
Welcome and better late than never. :thumbs up:

You will be best trawling FB market place , ebay and Breakers really but keep an open mind on quality depending on the source.
Piano black is not an easy option to find, let alone in very good condition.
best of luck with it.

Reactions: Sandra, KurtD80 and Rob Avant
Cheers Charlie,
Sounds like I may need to rejoin the dreaded FaceFuck to undertake this search :(
Definitely needed to join properly after all this time.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum. There is a lot of very friendly, helpful guys in this section.

Reactions: KurtD80
Welcome to the fold even though you left it until the last minute :) Funnily enough you and I are in the same boat, though my episode of marriage restricted mods was many many years ago.. was told to sell my car ( an impreza at the time ) so instead binned the wife and kept the car and amazingly was the reason I met my current wife who is a car nut so it sometimes works out for you in the end. On your side it looks like you are slowly bringing it back to how you want it so enjoy , there are so many , as I have foudn out, helpful chaps on this forum, a wealth of knowledge.

Reactions: KurtD80 and Sandra
Cheers for the welcome guys. Always good to be part of a community. Always been into the old school vw’s. But seen the light eventually and bought a family car for hooligans

Reactions: boffin486 and Sandra
Glad to see another member of the B7 forum! Welcome mate! :happy:

The 3.0 TDi is a fantastic engine, Darkside are super familiar with it and will be able to extract some serious power and torque for you. Most of their fleet sports the 3.0 TDi, I've followed them closely for a long time. It's the one I would have gone for, but the cam chain setup scared me off in the end... :sweatsmile: But if you can get those done, I think it's the best engine of all for the B7, the only exception being the V8 in the RS4. I personally found the V8 in the S4 a little underwhelming, sounds great but slow for what it is. A breathed on 3.0TDi would eat the S4 for breakfast.

Be sure to post plenty of pics on the journey!

Reactions: Gmac and Charlie Farley
I had the Piano Black trim in my last B7 Special Edition. Looks beautiful when fully machine polished to a mirror finish, but you so much look at it in the wrong way and it starts to scratch/swirl and then looks terrible when the sun comes out.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I ended up buying a mini machine polisher to keep it looking nice (yes I'm one of those weirdo's)

Soon got fed up of doing it though, the worst offender was the trim around the gear stick. Scratches and fingerprints in no time. And to polish it properly you had to remove it, and the chrome ring too, and it would shred the pads as it had sharp edges!

Glad to have the fish scale ally trim in my current B7. Took a while to get a full set that looked mint but there now. No scratching and only takes a quick wipe to keep them looking perfect.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Glad to see another member of the B7 forum! Welcome mate! :happy:

The 3.0 TDi is a fantastic engine, Darkside are super familiar with it and will be able to extract some serious power and torque for you. Most of their fleet sports the 3.0 TDi, I've followed them closely for a long time. It's the one I would have gone for, but the cam chain setup scared me off in the end... :sweatsmile: But if you can get those done, I think it's the best engine of all for the B7, the only exception being the V8 in the RS4. I personally found the V8 in the S4 a little underwhelming, sounds great but slow for what it is. A breathed on 3.0TDi would eat the S4 for breakfast.

Be sure to post plenty of pics on the journey!
Hi there,
Your right :) 3.0 tdi is an awesome power plant. The chain issue has never concerned me as regular oil changes and lettting the car warm properly has always been done.
As for Darkside. Totally transformed my car ❤️ Much respect for those guys. Hybrid turbo, front mount, egr delete, swirl flap delete, downpipe and tune. They pulled 307 Bhp with 475 torque until the clutch started slipping. Clutch getting done next month so really be able to feel the power then

Attachments

• A5BDCFA7-FEA6-4500-923F-D2B3C3644700.jpeg
    A5BDCFA7-FEA6-4500-923F-D2B3C3644700.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: Sandra, Charlie Farley and NM07
650nm at 2250rpm, what an absolute treat, I just love the way diesel engines deliver their power, effortless pull.

I'm enjoying mine while I still can, I chose reliability over power for my car this time, the 2.0 TDI PD is fantastically simple, no cam chains/tensioners to worry about, and really reliable once the balance shaft has been replaced with the improved unit. Gets down the road just fine with 170hp/380nm too.

Plenty of opportunity for more, my limiting factor at the minute is the turbo, if it ever goes I'd be very tempted to fit a hybrid turbo and uprated clutch onto it and take it to Darkside for a tune. They know the 2.0 TDI PD (BKD/BRE) almost as well as the 3.0 TDI, plenty of vids of them tuned on their channel!

Very nice mate, enjoy! :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra and Charlie Farley
Welcome along. I have a complete S4 carbon trim set if you are interested, just a tad more stylish than the plain black

Reactions: KurtD80 and Charlie Farley
Welcome along. I have a complete S4 carbon trim set if you are interested, just a tad more stylish than the plain black
Just picked this up over the weekend

Attachments

• 48E5A4D7-EA1F-4CAA-8834-7815E9E9BF8D.jpeg
    48E5A4D7-EA1F-4CAA-8834-7815E9E9BF8D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: Greeny233, Gmac and Charlie Farley