Matrix auto headlights.................

Mike.46

Reaction score
My car has the Matrix headlamps, superb bits of kit and one of those 'must haves' for my my next car

But

Theyre doing some odd things sometimes

1) sometimes even though the dash says 'Auto' they refuse to come on (and yes its dark :tearsofjoy: ) ....some fiddling with the stalk and they then start working

2) Most times when I eneter a street lighted area (even at 70mph dual carraigeway) they turn off..................but not yesterday

And then like magic they work 100%..............

Wierd, but there again other stuff on the car does similar...........heater/seats etc

Same to me with the lights. The auto symbol in the dash is white and does not turn into blue as it should

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

. Sure I’ve read somewhere they are linked to the GPS in the sat nav system and disable high beam assist when in (what the GPS thinks is) a 30mph zone. You'll should see the auto light go from blue to white, and then back to blue again on leaving the 30mph zone. High Beam Assist will only switch on the high beam back on when speed exceeds 37mph

They also don’t work with bright street lights as the HBA disables the auto main beams if there is sufficient light. You can override this by selecting main beam manually

Reactions: Basher (Peter) and drgav2005
. Sure I’ve read somewhere they are linked to the GPS in the sat nav system and disable high beam assist when in (what the GPS thinks is) a 30mph zone. You'll should see the auto light go from blue to white, and then back to blue again on leaving the 30mph zone. High Beam Assist will only switch on the high beam back on when speed exceeds 37mph

They also don’t work with bright street lights as the HBA disables the auto main beams if there is sufficient light. You can override this by selecting main beam manually
Yes, they usually disable/go to dip beam in street light areas including sections of our A55 (70mph dual carraigeway) where street lights are around busy area's.

I think I know how they should work/normally work, but a few times now they have failed to work at all on 70mph dark roads (I have to select main beam manually on and off a few times for them to operate normally) and also once I got them to work they have stayed operational in 30 mph limits as well

O/T can matrix lights be retrofitted as the wife's RSQ3 came with standard lights ***.

2022 car.

TX.

Yes, they usually disable/go to dip beam in street light areas including sections of our A55 (70mph dual carraigeway) where street lights are around busy area's.

I think I know how they should work/normally work, but a few times now they have failed to work at all on 70mph dark roads (I have to select main beam manually on and off a few times for them to operate normally) and also once I got them to work they have stayed operational in 30 mph limits as well

Thanks. Great information

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

O/T can matrix lights be retrofitted as the wife's RSQ3 came with standard lights ***.

2022 car.

TX.
They can - not cheap though!

Reactions: flybynite
They can - not cheap though!
That depends, read the small print No US or RHD cars. :grumpy:

A bit typical of Kufatec though, lots of 'nearly' stuff and I don't like coding dongles and they don't like telling people what to code :shrug:

That depends, read the small print No US or RHD cars. :grumpy:

A bit typical of Kufatec though, lots of 'nearly' stuff and I don't like coding dongles and they don't like telling people what to code :shrug:

The problem with telling people what to code is that once they release that info out into the wild, every Tom / D I C K and ‘needle sweeper’ will monetise it.

So then the retrofit companies that spend weeks reverse engineering something and testing if things work properly lose out.

Once info is out there it’s impossible to get it deleted.

Plus for some people a ‘coding’ dongle is a safe way of altering long coding / adaptions etc as some retrofits have a lot of changes that need making and sometimes in a certain sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: flybynite