Face lift A3 2024

Zoomer

Reaction score
Any one know when we will see the facelift A3 .
i don’t want to order early next year if it’s due anytime soon

Any one know when we will see the facelift A3 .
i don’t want to order early next year if it’s due anytime soon
No idea! I was thinking the same today before I saw your post.

It's rumored that a facelifted Mk 8 golf will be launched Spring 2024 . - so as they are of similar age I guess sometime next year!

I was told late March early April for the facelift by my local dealership last week

Reactions: Zoomer
I was told late March early April for the facelift by my local dealership last week
I'd want to know what that facelift entails before delaying an order I was going to make anyway. Like the Golf 7.5 after the Golf 7, I suspect the facelift will cut costs/equipment while adding in a price rise. It's very rare VAG gives you anything for free!

Reactions: vatdim
I'd want to know what that facelift entails before delaying an order I was going to make anyway. Like the Golf 7.5 after the Golf 7, I suspect the facelift will cut costs/equipment while adding in a price rise. It's very rare VAG gives you anything for free!

The facelift Is will be better equipped and is usually the better car but will defiantly have a price hike from the current model .

I spoke to a few dealers about this facelift before I ordered the S3, they were of the opinion that realistically it would be Q3/Q4 before it would land here in Ireland and the S/RS models would be a bit behind that,

Pics in Netcarshow.

At first sight I think the Allstreet version looks best, though the concept is irrevelant. Sportback and sedan - would have hoped they kept the chrome surrounding of the mask at least in basic model. The S-line looks decent but the non-S-line (I think seen on Sedan form) looks weird and molten from front and rear. Inside not much changes, the old gear selector surely is easier to use. Good they didn't mess up the user interface.

I think like in many facelifts, the car indeed looks newer but not necessarily better than the original design, where the car was desgined as a whole at once. Facelifts often try to bolt on new design cues that don't always fit the original lines perfectly.

If I heard correctly on Autogefuel review, gone is the 1.0TSI (wohoo!, great engine though if not a bit underpowered) and 30 and 35 TFSI will be from 1.5litre. One de-tunred to 116 and the other the usual 150. Damn, they are still not the 30 TFSI 130 tune.

Not too sure about it launching it in the green colour isn't helping. I think it doesn't suit the car. Interesting to see the new colours I suppose. The material going across the dash also doesn't look right to me it darkens the dash.

I think this part just looks weird or wrongly proportioned:

The material going across the dash also doesn't look right to me it darkens the dash.
I think the less shiny look gives a bit sportier feel and it doesn't look as cheap as the hard-plastic trim. I even thought if it's possible to retrofit.

Reactions: Fuelnut
For me i like the interior lighting on the door cards and centre console
Not sure about the green but its not the worst colour i have seen
The headlights seem pointless unless they are the top spec Matrix version, although a nod to the previous generation.
Downloading apps to the car could be a gamechanger for the infotainment options.
Other than that not a lot for me not keen on the front bumper, but i guess it needs to be seen in different colours, also its similar to the golf, which seems to look good on some colours and specs and bland on other colour specs.

Overall still a nice looking car.

Better equipped….. Sonos over B&O?

I read one review of the face-lift which said the Sonos system was exactly the same hardware as the B&O, and that it was merely a branding agreement change to have more appeal to younger buyers.

If you look at the B&O systems that appear from time to time on ebay from cars being broken, they are just generic speakers with no B&O makers mark on them. The name is only on the door grills.

I read one review of the face-lift which said the Sonos system was exactly the same hardware as the B&O, and that it was merely a branding agreement change to have more appeal to younger buyers.

If you look at the B&O systems that appear from time to time on ebay from cars being broken, they are just generic speakers with no B&O makers mark on them. The name is only on the door grills.
I am going off one of my friends Q4 with a Sonos system and my A3 B&O, there is no comparison in my view but all subjective I suppose.

So one thing I like about this facelift is that they extended the ambient lighting. What I dislike is that pattern on the leather on the door. Just feels a bit cheap. Not classy Audi. I would love to extend the ambient lighting on my pre-facelift car. So once there is more info on that I will likely give that a try.

Regarding the exterior, it looks nice on the one hand, but on the other hand, I get the feeling that it's tending more towards the vibe of an Audi A1. So I will stick with my pre facelift car.

If anyone wants to have a look its on the German website now for configuration ascari blue looks good. I'd want to see in the the flesh before ordering just to be sure.

I note that the stated 0-62 for the 35TFSI is now quoted as 8.1secs, whereas the pre-face-lift model was 8.6.

Not a massive change in the scheme of things but surprised that it's different given there aren't any apparent drivetrain changes described for the face-lift. I wonder if the measurement was just conservative previously or if there is a change in gearing, traction control software or MHEV assisting acceleration in some way.

It seems the price hasn't gone up drastically by the facelift. I played through the configurator and got similar price that I paid for my current car. There were some quirks in the options though, there's a lot of stuff as standard now but on the other hand you have to pick one of the quite expensive "comfort packages" to get lumbar support or folding mirrors that you could pick individually before. So you have to pay more and get some unwanted options too or ditch those. Interesting to see what's the mess like in the UK when the configurator comes up...

While playing with the configurator I also had a feeling the car doesn't look right.

Played the new Golf configurator through too. At first it looked like there wasn't almost any options to choose, but that turned out to be because the basic trim already had like everything as standard!

Saw the new S3 yesterday, on the Audi website, and it looks like a very exciting upgrade to the existing car.

But the price, and I know discounts will end up being available, starting from £47,500 and with Audis finance rates up at near 14%, this is a non starter for me. (I’ve had two S3’s in the last 10 years I bough new at just over £30k and paid 6% for financing).

That money gets you into a number of fantastic driving cars made (by the likes of Porsche), with a lower payment.

Not sure Audi have got that priced right for the current economic environment.

Saw the new S3 yesterday, on the Audi website, and it looks like a very exciting upgrade to the existing car.

But the price, and I know discounts will end up being available, starting from £47,500 and with Audis finance rates up at near 14%, this is a non starter for me. (I’ve had two S3’s in the last 10 years I bough new at just over £30k and paid 6% for financing).

That money gets you into a number of fantastic driving cars made (by the likes of Porsche), with a lower payment.

Not sure Audi have got that priced right for the current economic environment.
Like yourself I've had a few S3's in the last 10 years and have been looking forward to seeing the facelift
but when I saw the starting price it has made me think should I just keep my current S3 .

I thought the current APR was 9.9% which is silly high if it is 14% i'am well and truly out .
The APR was 4.9% when I bought my current S3 new in 2019 those low APR's seem to be a thing of the past
unfortunately .

Reactions: 8YARWY
Like yourself I've had a few S3's in the last 10 years and have been looking forward to seeing the facelift
but when I saw the starting price it has made me think should I just keep my current S3 .

I thought the current APR was 9.9% which is silly high if it is 14% i'am well and truly out .
The APR was 4.9% when I bought my current S3 new in 2019 those low APR's seem to be a thing of the past
unfortunately .
Wow 47k for that.
I watched one of the autogefühl reviews of it, those front grills etc do nothing for it.

Wow 47k for that.
I watched one of the autogefühl reviews of it, those front grills etc do nothing for it.
£47520 is the starting price :cry:
I wasn't keen on the front end either and how the Audi rings sit at the top of the bumper .

Reactions: 8YARWY
£47520 is the starting price :cry:
I wasn't keen on the front end either and how the Audi rings sit at the top of the bumper .
It ain’t worth that money.
Jeeez I remember when the FL RS3 started around that figure.

Audi have lost their minds.

Reactions: vatdim and Mr Freeze