Need new back box, where to buy and what price ?

Audicfc

Reaction score
Need a new back box for my 8v 1.8 tsfi a3, does anyone know best place to buy one in the uk and does anyone know how much it would cost buying direct from audi as can’t see any for sale online at like eurocarparts or anywhere

I would go for Ebay or Facebook marketplace if looking for stock one

I would go for Ebay or Facebook marketplace if looking for stock
I would prefer to buy new if possible as most used look quite rusty, not seen any used ones for a 1.8 either though, not sure if a 1.4 twin exhaust would be exact same part as my 1.8 exhaust, they don’t even have any new ones on autodoc or gsf either so might need to just go direct to audi for the part as would rather stay oem as not interested in loud exhausts or anything

Reactions: northpole
Ebay sells new ones mate just put in your car details than search you'll be amazed as to how many retailers sell the same brand at a huge price difference... and if you don't like the idea of Ebay try Parts in Motion

Ebay sells new ones mate just put in your car details than search you'll be amazed as to how many retailers sell the same brand at a huge price difference... and if you don't like the idea of Ebay try Parts in Motion
There is nothing atall for the 1.8 engine on ebay, seen a few for the 1.4 but says doesnt fit when i put in my cars details, nothing on that parts in motion either, audi quoted me £607 just for the part which i think is too expensive, do you know who makes the exhaust for the audi a3 8v 1.8 ?

Try GSF or Eurocarparts... imho you don't need an OEM backbox, you just need one that is working without leaking, hell if you can get away with it... try removing the rear exhaust and listen to what it sounds like when you rev the engine.. if it's decent... just make a pipe and put a nice tip on it and call it a day. But if you like it quiet deffo get an aftermarket brand rearbox. from the likes of GSF or ECP. nevermind i checked them and thy have nothing online... unless you go instore as i know for a fact that they don't have everything available online.

Last edited:
Really sorry for so multiple posts but Tapatalk is showing some errors... Can moderation delete the extra ones please? Apologies again...

Reactions: Sandra
Don’t really fancy that one in the video sounds a bit loud, phoned lots of car parts places today and they are saying its a dealer only part, currently driving with the back box off just now and its not too loud, going to try and weld it back on to see how that goes before paying audi for a new one

Reactions: northpole