B&O subwoofer not that bassy?

Jason1987

Reaction score
Do you find the sub isn’t that bassy? I know it’s only an 8” but i find it’s bassier when I turn the “bass” setting up which I assume is just the speakers and doesn’t affect the bass on the sub? Seems like it doesn’t even need a sub if the normal speakers can go bassy?

My experience (and experience of others here), is that the slider for sub actually increases bass on the front door speakers (maybe also rear doors), and the bass slider increase the bass in the sub. Though not 100% sure, when I did the sliders, on sub, the front door speakrs 'vibrated' more on bass notes. I find the sub ok ish, but problem with A3 is, while the sub is decent when the car is sat parked, or in traffic, once it starts going over 25/30mph, or 40-50kmh, the road and wind noise drowns out the music in general, especially the bass.

My experience (and experience of others here), is that the slider for sub actually increases bass on the front door speakers (maybe also rear doors), and the bass slider increase the bass in the sub. Though not 100% sure, when I did the sliders, on sub, the front door speakrs 'vibrated' more on bass notes. I find the sub ok ish, but problem with A3 is, while the sub is decent when the car is sat parked, or in traffic, once it starts going over 25/30mph, or 40-50kmh, the road and wind noise drowns out the music in general, especially the bass.
Weird, I just tried it and bass seems to make the sub louder and subwoofer seems to make door speakers louder. I’m confused? But then I also turned subwoofer right down and bass on max but then I had no bass at all? How does it work?

Does anyone understand the “bass” and “subwoofer” settings then and why they seem interchanged? Surely bass should just affect the speakers and subwoofer just does the sub but that’s not the case