What have you NOT done to your 8Y?

JKP

Reaction score
Got an idea of the "what have you done today" topic to write something like the opposite. Are there some features that you never use or some maintenance thing you never bother to do? I have few in mind.

I've never used the park assistant of my current car. I tested it few times with my previous one and learned the lesson.

I have never needed to put ESC off. I also never put the start/stop off, since it doesn't really do that - the S transimission mode does.

I rarely use any other drive modes than Auto. It's doing everything quite fine. Sometimes I use Dynamic mode for fun, Eco and Comfort never. When visiting Germany I actually liked Dynamic steering better than Comfort on the Autobahn, though I think it's designed vice versa.

I almost never shift manually. I thought it was cool to finally have ar car with the pads for that, but soon found out it's pretty pointless to use them as the car mostly knows better itself what gear to use.

I'm very lazy to do interior cleaning deeper than collecting trash out, shake the floor mats and do some vacuuming.

Reactions: Zoomer
I only used the auto-park function 3 times in 3 years! It once parked me so perfectly close and parallel to the curb once that I curbed my rims trying to get out.

I never turn ESC off (forgot there was actually a button)

I've not used S mode on the DSG (btw, is there a winter gear mode? if yes, I didn't use that either)

I've never used the ISOfix points

I've never actually checked the level of the coolant (engine oil I have though)

I regretted not putting Alloygators on, since I though I had both reverse camera and auto-park, would be impossible to hit the curb. Only the right rear rim hasn't touch any curbs yet.

I've haven't used the 'news and weather' feature on the screen, a front passenger was playing around and found that function!

Reactions: JKP
+1 on not having used the auto-park function. I'm planning to eventually try that, somewhere "safe" first, but my main reason for getting the option were the front parking sensors which I use all the time.

I've never launched the car, but I plan to do that after 5000 kms on the clock and once I've swapped back into my summer tires.

I've still not hit the engine's redline, although I've taken the car to about ~6400 rpms on a few occasions.

I haven't actually folded the rear seats yet.

I havnt driven mine yet ,hopefully pick it up tomorrow, 21plate S3 saloon, ive not owned an audi for years so know little about the tech in them so this forum is gonna be a big help

Reactions: JKP
Never used cruise control And if i had my way it would be removed from all cars.
Never had anybody in the back seats.
Wife has never used the heated seats. (There must be a joke there somewhere)
Never used park assist. In my wifes words "whats that."
All car settings are where they were when we left the dealers.
Radio is still on absolute radio. Not because we cant change it but my wife likes it and she puches really hard if it is changed.
Never used full beam

Cant help thinking i spent a lot of money for things i dont use.

Reactions: Zoomer and stevo71
Today I remembered that I have NOT renewed my warranty with Audi, which expired 3 weeks ago.

I had a lovely offer of £345 for another year too, which they won't honour now - they quoted me £600 because "it's not exactly 3 years old any more" (3 weeks must really take it's toll on the car, lol)....

So from today onwards, I live with "S-Tronic Fear" :-(

• Sad
Reactions: vatdim
Haven't changed the summer tyres for this year yet. A week ago it looked like it's time, but thank god I checked the weather forecast. Now it's -3 ºC again and snow's back.

Today I remembered that I have NOT renewed my warranty with Audi, which expired 3 weeks ago.

I had a lovely offer of £345 for another year too, which they won't honour now - they quoted me £600 because "it's not exactly 3 years old any more" (3 weeks must really take it's toll on the car, lol)....

So from today onwards, I live with "S-Tronic Fear" :-(
Why don't you go with Audi All In, you get 2 years warranty, 2 years servicing, 2 years breakdown cover and 2 MOT's for £35 a month, check it out, it's a no brainer!

Why don't you go with Audi All In, you get 2 years warranty, 2 years servicing, 2 years breakdown cover and 2 MOT's for £35 a month, check it out, it's a no brainer!
I just went out and bought a new A4 instead, lol.....