Q7 HELP!! Soft brake pedal ?

shaz

Reaction score
Hey guys, lately Iv noticed the brake pedal on our 2012 Audi Q7 has gone really soft. Like as if it has air in the system.

Had a local mechanic have a look and he said caliper nipples were broken so couldn’t bleed.

Iv had new caliper nipples fitted, brakes were bled and they seemed fine for 30 miles or so but as soon as I carried on driving I felt the pedal going very soft, so arranged a recovery to take home.

It’s been bled again (manually) and same fault - pedal has gone really soft. There’s no leak of fluid and I changed brake discs and pads about 7/8months ago so don’t think that’s the issue.

Has anyone encountered this soft pedal issue - if so how has it been fixed?

I don’t fancy swapping out all the brake parts if the fault lies elsewhere.

Any advice appreciated

Sounds like the servo is failing, however you'd need to check that, which is a pig as some need engine out to access, the abs module & the MC.

Check if the fluid is leaking anywhere as that would do it also given your nipples were broken.

Reactions: Sibmets
Sounds like the servo is failing, however you'd need to check that, which is a pig as some need engine out to access, the abs module & the MC.

Check if the fluid is leaking anywhere as that would do it also given your nipples were broken.

Definitely no leaks of fluid as after bleeding it the garage has not needed to top it up.

Iv read online that there is a possibility that the abs pump has air in the system and may need bleeding via VCDS or other diagnostic machine which has that brake bleed option.

Has anyone come across that brake bleed function via VCDS and successfully fixed a soft pedal?