Cluster swap

White_A3

Croatia
Reaction score
Hello, I got A3 2.0tdi 2009 redesign (white DIS) cluster 8P0 920 931S and I want to retrofit S3 cluster in it with pn: 8P0 920 932P MY2011. Did anyone do that already? Only info I can find is old threads where poeple with red dis wanted to retrofit newer cluster. Will anyone write what I need and maybe some step by step instructions?
I retrofit quite a bit od equipment, did some swaps on older golf mk4...but this type of cluster and immo 4c is new to me

I run an s3 dash on my tdi, will fit, need odis or the like to pair it to the ecu

Hello, I got A3 2.0tdi 2009 redesign (white DIS) cluster 8P0 920 931S and I want to retrofit S3 cluster in it with pn: 8P0 920 932P MY2011. Did anyone do that already? Only info I can find is old threads where poeple with red dis wanted to retrofit newer cluster. Will anyone write what I need and maybe some step by step instructions?
I retrofit quite a bit od equipment, did some swaps on older golf mk4...but this type of cluster and immo 4c is new to me
Search the forum for my white dis cluster thread.

Search the forum for my white dis cluster thread.

Reactions: NHN

Yep I read whole 20 pages of that thread. In tuesday I'll try to contact audi/porsche dealer and see if they want to do this job. I already asked 1 shop (genuine audi) and they said it is not same part number so price will be around 200+€ which is dumb. Asked few non genuine audi places and they said around 250-300€ which is mental illness.

Yeh asked audi genuine service and they told me 2.70 labour hours and 280€ for a cluster swap. And they are not sure if they can adjust mileage. Looks like audi genuine workshops in UK have better service than here in Croatia...don't know what next to do

2.7 hours, urmmm what exactly are they doing to make it that long, if it's a bench job then ok but if it's Odis, it's not that long & it's in car, I've seen it done in a fraction of that time.

Not sure, I'll ask them for phone number or to go and talk with service manager or something. It should be odis job...best thing is they even want to charge me something named "small materials" 1 piece and it is 26€. Guy (friend) in other genuine shop told me if clusters had same part number then change would be cheap and easy, but if they are not same then it is hella expensive...this is just dumb because they are same internally

This is crap, it's the same immo version on all 8P's, only difference is between years are the fuel pump & wiring change for that fuel pump as in 1 extra wire, if it's within the same years as in facelift etc then it's not different, just programming, someone is spinning you a line & with the info you've provided my knowledge on this subject stands true, it takes literally minutes to code with odis, but Audi did stop used clusters but maybe they've changed that now, tbh it's a con, alas.

Id happily pay 30 mins or even an hour, but nearly 3 hours is bs & what exactly is the 25 bucks ancillary they're referring too.

Reactions: White_A3
Yeah sent them email again with complaint about labour hours. Only thing that could be changed are screws that hold cluster in place and I believe that is what they tryin to rip me off with for 25 bucks which is bu****it! Is there anywhere recipe or informative offer with other genuine audi service offering cluster change in 1.00 labour hour or even 1.50 labour hours? I'll definitive press them more because this is just stealing. Rn I'm crazy enough to contact Audi in Germany and to ask them how much they charge for same job. Here in Croatia genuine services are known for expensive easy and qucik jobs.

Those 2 bolts are reusable so it's not that as are everything else associated with cluster change.

You talked about recipes from cluster changing in your thread about clusters. Do you mind sending one to me? Just to be sure I have proof if I would need one

Do you mean receipts?

Sorry I don't have one to hand.

I know a guy in the UK who can do it but then you have those costs & he needs your existing cluster to copy.

Reactions: White_A3
Hello all, just an update. Been today in audi OEM service. I talked to them and they gave me offer 101€ for cluster change which I confirmed. Gave them new cluster then they called me 2 hours later that it is not possible to adapt new cluster. As they say car refuses it and they don't have communication with new cluster which I believe is bulls**t. Few weeks before I put new cluster myself in car and vcds could comunicate with it no problem at all, even did gauges test and what not. Really ****** off with these kids in services, It looks like I will need to do everything myself

As I said mate I know a guy in UK, but you'd have to ship both to him then he'd ship back, of course issues maybe courier loses.