Rear washer leaking inside boot

BlinkyBill

Reaction score
I’m having a right issue with my 8V rear wiper, 2016.
Water is leaking into the boot. After a bit of investigation, this connection here seems to be the culprit. FYI, the motor, wiper arm and jet have all been replaced recently.
It is not engaging’ correctly with the rear wiper motor nozzle.
Is this an integral section to the pipe work? IE is it some kind of non-return valve, or just a connection to make inspection of this section easier?
If I needed to replace it, any clues on part number? A search of the internet throws up right angled connectors whereas this one is a straight inline connection.
Thank you in advance….

IMG 1022

Its basically a clip that holds the pipe against the nozzle - could just fire some sealant round it and see if that resolves the issue or just pick one up from a breakers if you can't get the part from a dealer

Reactions: BlinkyBill
Make sure the fixings is pushed fully home before applying the locking clip, this sometimes happens on these fixings, they hang out several mm inadvertently at times.

Changing them is sometimes fun as they're pushed onto the crinkled pipe that is a compression fitment so to speak so you'd cut the pipe to remove & fit new as they're not easily removable & then you can't really use that that end to fit a new one as the plastic stretches on removal causing space for a leak.

Ideally if sealing, you'd have to remove, dry out for multiple days & then refit add sealant maybe tiger seal & then that takes ideally 3-4 days to be 100% cured hard.

Any water in the pipe, joint will mess up the sealant before it's cured & be useless,.so clean & dry is the way forward.

Its basically a clip that holds the pipe against the nozzle - could just fire some sealant round it and see if that resolves the issue or just pick one up from a breakers if you can't get the part from a dealer
Thank you. Could I just remove it and attach the wiper nozzle directly into the pipe line and tighten with a jubilee clip? Is it non return? Or just to aid easy removal?
What would be the diameter of the pipe?