Does the s tronic pull away quicker on half throttle…

Jason1987

Reaction score
Than it does when you mash the accelerator to the floor? Half throttle seems to pick up well and fly off quick from junctions etc where as when you floor pedal it seems to lag a bit?. (S3)

If you floor it there may be downshift over few gears that makes the lag as the car needs to figure that out. Half throttle shift might be to the right next gear that's already in so it's just a clutch change, thus no lag. I think.

Than it does when you mash the accelerator to the floor? Half throttle seems to pick up well and fly off quick from junctions etc where as when you floor pedal it seems to lag a bit?. (S3)
I feel the same way. Also when shifting gears. If you have full throttle, it sort of "slips" but when you have half throttle, the gear change really pushes the car forward a bit. I have a 35 TFSI.

flooring it from standstill shouldn’t be needing to drop down any gears as it should already be in first, unless it pulls away in 2nd in D mode? Just seems there is lag if I floor it but half throttle it pulls off really quick

From standstill it might limit the power that comes right first to prevent losing traction. Maybe just flooring it right away without using launch control (S3 had that right?) isn't the quickest way to pull away from standstill, at least in every situation.