FUEL PUMP

Glen Starkey

Reaction score
HI ALL, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE YELLOW PIPE DOES AND WHERE IT GOES AS MY OLD PUMP DID NOT HAVE THIS, THANKS.

Attachments

• A6 FUEL PUMP.jpg
    A6 FUEL PUMP.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 50
Maybe the link pipes across the devide to the other pump that's fitted on quattro cars, as it has the prop, they split the tank between sides & this has 2 pumps linked.

If yours isn't quattro then of course this wouldn't be used, but also you shouldn't have that on a new pump anyway if it's the correct one for your car.

Maybe the link pipes across the devide to the other pump that's fitted on quattro cars, as it has the prop, they split the tank between sides & this has 2 pumps linked.

If yours isn't quattro then of course this wouldn't be used, but also you shouldn't have that on a new pump anyway if it's the correct one for your car.
Hi yes it is a quattro, I didn't know there were two pumps? there was no connection to the old pump i took off?

Maybe the C5 had a different design, I'd have to check etka & elsawin, as I can't recall but most Audi's I've worked on quattro split the pumps across, if yours didn't have the split then guess it's not the same.

Maybe the C5 had a different design, I'd have to check etka & elsawin, as I can't recall but most Audi's I've worked on quattro split the pumps across, if yours didn't have the split then guess it's not the same.
Any help would be great, its a 2004 A6 C5 Allroad, with a no start issue, cranks but wont start, checked fuse, and relay changed pump still wont start????