Whats missing???

Jamie1087

Reaction score
Hi all, recently purchased a 2013 a4 avant and when changing rear light bulbs I noticed a 3 pin connector and a space for something in the rear drivers side of the boot? Can anyone identify what should/could go there please??

20240426 101638
20240426 101649

Do you have a 12v socket/cigarette lighter socket on your panel? That looks like something like that. However that would normally be a 2 pin. Not sure if anyone else can verify

Edit: realised it has 2 pins I think that’s what it will be for a 12v socket

Do you have a 12v socket/cigarette lighter socket on your panel? That looks like something like that. However that would normally be a 2 pin. Not sure if anyone else can verify

Edit: realised it has 2 pins I think that’s what it will be for a 12v socket
I've checked and the 12v socket has power and that pin is just there

It looks like you've got an aftermarket fuse holder in there but with much thinner wiring, where do the wires from that socket go? Do you have anything aftermarket fitted that you are aware of?

It looks like you've got an aftermarket fuse holder in there but with much thinner wiring, where do the wires from that socket go? Do you have anything aftermarket fitted that you are aware of?
Nothing that i am aware of, but that fuse holder comes from thr 12v socket In the boot

It does have an aftermarket look about it. That doesn’t look like a typical connector that Audi would use. I’ll have a look in my boot later. Interesting that the frame next to the fuse block has been deformed. What’s the yellow part inside there?

Reactions: Jamie1087 and Stickystuff
do you have a tow bar? Genuine or aftermarket?

Or did it have a tow bar and its been removed. its possible that there is some wiring remaining from something.

I used to tow quite a bit with my old A6 Avant and fitted some spot lights inside the tailgate, I fitted a proper fused and relay'd set up using the power inside the boot. You might have something aftermarket using power inside the boot etc

do you have a tow bar? Genuine or aftermarket?

Or did it have a tow bar and its been removed. its possible that there is some wiring remaining from something.

I used to tow quite a bit with my old A6 Avant and fitted some spot lights inside the tailgate, I fitted a proper fused and relay'd set up using the power inside the boot. You might have something aftermarket using power inside the boot etc
There is a detachable tow bar factory fitted