Vorsprung vs Black Edition with Tech Pack Pro

CravingS3

Reaction score
Still looking at options for purchasing a new S3 (albeit not a facelift version recently announced).

Looking for advice from those a lot more experienced than me… How much would you personally pay to get the Vorsprung over the Black Edition with Tech Pack Pro? Or in other words, to get the better spec, how much should I realistically be paying??

Cheers,
Col

Reactions: Tzsteve
I mean what's the difference really, the tech pack pro provides a lot of what you'd really want.

Is it just different wheels (19inch) and adaptive suspension? Matrix lights and pano roof included in tech pack pro. Maybe electronic tailgate. Depends how much it's worth to you but certainly not a substantial amount more.

I'd personally go black edition (and have) with tech pack pro for the flat bottom steering wheel. Looks and feels so much sportier imo.

I mean what's the difference really, the tech pack pro provides a lot of what you'd really want.

Is it just different wheels (19inch) and adaptive suspension? Matrix lights and pano roof included in tech pack pro. Maybe electronic tailgate. Depends how much it's worth to you but certainly not a substantial amount more.

I'd personally go black edition (and have) with tech pack pro for the flat bottom steering wheel. Looks and feels so much sportier imo.
I went with the contrasting red stitching on Nappa with flat bottom wheel, I think it looks nicer than the other steering wheel that they were offering.
I don’t think either option is available on the facelift

Attachments

• IMG_9164.jpeg
    IMG_9164.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9163.jpeg
    IMG_9163.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: HereWeGo
I went with the contrasting red stitching on Nappa with flat bottom wheel, I think it looks nicer than the other steering wheel that they were offering.
I don’t think either option is available on the facelift
Looks amazing. Did they ever make the red stitching available on the 8Y from factory in the UK?

Another thing not mentioned is that on the existing (non facelift) the black edition comes with the very old digital cockpit (not plus) and for the price you'd probably want the adaptive cruise control too.

Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

After looking & speaking to a few dealers with stock, it appears that a Vorsprung can be had for about £3700 more than a Black Edition with a Tech Pack Pro.

Not sure whether it is worth the addition expense, but then I guess that it would also be reflected in future resale value down the line…

Reactions: Tzsteve

Looking at the spec for a Vorsprung it says Manual Compartment Lid, so it looks like they've taken away the electronic tailgate