Bulbs

daveyboy527

The Stig's cousin
Reaction score
Hi all,

My 1st audi gets delivered Monday, can't wait!!

I couldn't really justify going for the Xenon optional extra but do like the bright white effect that they give....

I know that you can buy bulbs that fit into the standard light socket which give a similar effect and really are quite alot brighter than the standard bulbs.

Can anyone tell me what these bulbs are? where to get them? If you have had any experience of them and are you please with them?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

mitch78 said:
I'd go for these. Good quality, look great and actually light up more road, unlike some that just look bright, but are actually duller (if that makes sense) :think:.

Sorry for interupting this thread but it is probably not to far OT, Does/has anyone replaced the standard Fog light globes in an S3 with a whiter/blue/xenon look light? if so can you offer some recommendation on this please.

With the Xenon H/L on and fogs it looks crap, two "white" lights and two "yellowish" ones!

Thanks Guys.

SThree07 said:
Sorry for interupting this thread but it is probably not to far OT, Does/has anyone replaced the standard Fog light globes in an S3 with a whiter/blue/xenon look light? if so can you offer some recommendation on this please.

With the Xenon H/L on and fogs it looks crap, two "white" lights and two "yellowish" ones!

Thanks Guys.
The fogs are H7 bulbs the same as the standard non-xenon headlight bulb, so the earlier link will probably do.

Only problem is that a set of H7s is £41.

I've been looking for a while to replace my headlights and fogs with the bright white ones, but can't seem to find a good enough set at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the reply mitch. I know what you other guys are saying but I guess you get what you pay for!

sorry to spoil the party guys, but fog lights are intentionally yellow ish.

yellow light penetrates fog far better than white light, so they actually allow you to see further in reduced visibility conditions (the only time you should have your fogs on). And no darkness does not count as reduced visibility.

I bought some of the superbright bulbs for our GTI 1.8T from Halfords. (Up tp 50% brighter) They had won an award from one of the motoring magazines and they do the job well. Not cheap but last year they were doing buy one get one free. Maybe a similar offer this year as winter approaches?

prt

What's the kind of bulb I need to make my yellowish bulb more "whiter"? I have normal Xenons not Bi-Xenons...

Thanks prt! Car arrives today so will pop down to Halfords and have a look.

I've had Philips, but they kept blowing.
So I switched to Halfords own (BOGOF) +50% bulbs.
Whatever bulbs you go for, adjusting the actual height of the beam is what makes the biggest difference.
The standard dip beam cut-off is very abrupt and close to the car.
So go to a dark car park, lift the bonnet and adjust the height of the beam using the little white adjusters on top of the lights.
In fact, maybe try that before paying for fancy bulbs, you might save some dosh.
I adjusted mine by a fair bit, and I don't get flashed by other cars too often.

Sorry to Butt-in, but its the thread which could help. I have xenon plus and it also comes with DRL's-daytime running lights. These are gunky yellow thus would like them to match the xenons. From the book I know they are 21w but what type are these P's.... I haven't had a chance to take them apart as I dont get in til late thus want to buy them in advance. Many thanks in advance for your help